Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preparing formula for Outings

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
  • 14 Replies

Just wondering how other mom's out there prepare formula for outings... I've heard of... 

1. Placing water in bottle and using a formula dispenser - my concern is what kind of water and will the water grow bacteria if left in the bottle for more then a few hours? I have heard that the distilled and spring water are not good for babies because of the additives

2. Making bottles ahead of time and using a coolor and then using a car heater to warm or a cup of hot water - here my concern is I will be out and LO will start screaming (which she does if her bottle is not ready) and I will have to wait 10 minutes for the bottle to get to room temperature

Any suggestions?? 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LexRi0709
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to keep 2 bottles of water (like disani) and the container of formula in the bag and just mix it when dd's needed a bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Darby571
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM

What kind of water did you use? 

x_Starr_x
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM
i never pre made bottles I had a thermos of hot water and then bottles with cold water I made them as needed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I would keep a thermos of boiled water and bottles already filled with water, like a few ounces less than you use so that when it's time for a feeding you just add the hot water from the thermos to make it room temperature or a little warmer.

Oh and I use the gerber water for my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Darby571
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

That is a really good idea!!!! Thank you so much... I think that is what I will do...

absearcy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM
We use Nursery Water that you can get from WalMart for $1 per gallon. Place the amount in a bottle and take the formula can separately since formula is only good for a certain amount of time. Make it when needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I just put formula in the bottle, then brought another bottle with water in it or a bottled water with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Darby571
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I'm interested to know what kind of bottled water everyone uses? At home I use tap water- my house is only ten years old - should I be concerned about lead? 

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Sorry, never used the powdered formula. We bought the bottles of pre-mixed formula. Just pour and go.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I used the premixed in cans, a bit more expensive but less work and less worry as to whether it was measued and mixed correctly, besides we never had any problems with the premixed as we did with the powdered formula

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured