Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoloft or celexa

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 19 Replies
anyone take it during pregnancy had issues defects that sort if thing? or any complications due to one of them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Yes. A relative if mine had defects from Zoloft And sued and got a nice settlement. They aren't safe, they fully admit they aren't safe during pregnancy now and you take it at your own risk. They don't make you feel any different. You feel worse depressed for a couple weeks and then if you're lucky you feel normal. Zoloft was pure hell and celexa was pointless, I had no feelings because of it, not even for my baby. I cried and cried because I couldn't feel anything.
x_Starr_x
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I've been taking celexa for a good bit it's the only thing that's worked I've tired a lot of things. but now I'm pregnant so I'm debating options.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Yes. A relative if mine had defects from Zoloft And sued and got a nice settlement. They aren't safe, they fully admit they aren't safe during pregnancy now and you take it at your own risk. They don't make you feel any different. You feel worse depressed for a couple weeks and then if you're lucky you feel normal. Zoloft was pure hell and celexa was pointless, I had no feelings because of it, not even for my baby. I cried and cried because I couldn't feel anything.

mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM
If it works for you then that is good. There is no safe during pregnancy option. You have to look at it like "do the benefits outweigh the risk?" If you can manage without taking it and taper off of it, good.if you know you absolutely can't function and will be horribly depressed than the benefits outweigh the risk.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

I've been taking celexa for a good bit it's the only thing that's worked I've tired a lot of things. but now I'm pregnant so I'm debating options.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

x_Starr_x
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
it's not used for depression for me.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

If it works for you then that is good. There is no safe during pregnancy option. You have to look at it like "do the benefits outweigh the risk?" If you can manage without taking it and taper off of it, good.if you know you absolutely can't function and will be horribly depressed than the benefits outweigh the risk.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

strictmomhere
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM
I didnt take my med while pregnant:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Oh. May I ask what it is used for? I may know some alternatives.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

x_Starr_x
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM
mood balancer

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Oh. May I ask what it is used for? I may know some alternatives.

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
St. John's wart is okay during pregnancy. It has very low chance of causing any harm, compared to celexa no worry. I used it for years! It's cheaper and it really does work.
SandyLaxner
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I took Lexapro-same family of meds.Spoke w/OB and psych about it-told it was my choice-do the risks outweigh the benefits-but I felt it would be fine to take.  My son was diagnosed w/Autism at age 2.  Now,at age 5,I was seeing ads on TV and magazines about lawsuits against the drug co. I called and gave my info,have not heard anything back yet.  I do not know what caused his Autism,but if it was the drug co. choice not to tell us it may cause Autism,I hope families can be compensated because Autism care/therapy is expensive,even w/insurance.

robyann
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I've been on lots of those meds years ago. IMO none of them are safe while pregnant. They may say one is ok then in a few years they'll change their minds. They change their opinion on whether they are safe or not from kids that have problems from it, after so many kids have defects or mental issues, they decide to now say it isn't safe. Don't let your kid be one to help them decide it's not so safe. JMHO :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)