Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I just want to know your opinions on LGBT. I'm a supporter are you? Why are why not? Not against anyone's opinions. We all have our own opinions and just would like to hear from you all on why or why not you support 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
GOBryan
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

So then why did God make people gay if He/She is against it? How does that make any sense? 

Now, understand.. I don't think that's what God believes.. it's really more dogma of a religion but since people in those religions think God says so.. I'm curious to understand why the contradiction. 

Quoting raegan1221:

Because I'm a Christian, and my beliefs are for a man and woman. That's just my preference, my opinion.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting raegan1221:

I just think a marriage should be between a man and woman. Jmo.

Quoting Lvlyskittles:

Why are you against the gay marriage? 

Quoting raegan1221:

I don't have anything against people being gay. I have two awesome gay uncles. But I am against gay marriage and the lifestyle if that makes sense. I am not ugly about it but just like you asked I'll state my opinion and that's it.

Why? 

kellysparkles
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I am..100% I am.  

Why?  Why not?  They are people, too.  I can't give a solid reason as to why...but I will protect them and fight for them because there is no reason that they should be discriminated against.

Bertha21
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I support happiness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Ditto.

Quoting aimesnyc:

I say be who you are and love who you love.  I definitely support LGBT.

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I don't believe that people were born gay or that God "made" them gay. I believe that it's a decision they make. And please don't get me wrong, I have nothing at all against anyone being gay. I just more believe in the marriage between a man and a woman. Since you asked me, I'll answer that. I am sure I'll get ripped about it but it's just how I feel on that. And I would never cram my beliefs down someone or tell them that the way they believe is wrong. Sorry just wanted to clarify that.

Quoting GOBryan:

So then why did God make people gay if He/She is against it? How does that make any sense? 

Now, understand.. I don't think that's what God believes.. it's really more dogma of a religion but since people in those religions think God says so.. I'm curious to understand why the contradiction. 

Quoting raegan1221:

Because I'm a Christian, and my beliefs are for a man and woman. That's just my preference, my opinion.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting raegan1221:

Quoting Lvlyskittles:

Quoting raegan1221:

I don't have anything against people being gay. I have two awesome gay uncles. But I am against gay marriage and the lifestyle if that makes sense. I am not ugly about it but just like you asked I'll state my opinion and that's it.

Why? 

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
monkeymom1104
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I am for Humankind! I love gay, Straight, bi, transgender.Its the narrows I have a problem with, the lovely Christians who seem to spew hate from their loving god, dosent make much since if you ask me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I support the constitutional rights of others to live their personal lives. 

KayDziedzic
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a straight woman who is proud to support the LGBTQ community.

I'm a supporter because there is no reason (aside from religious doctrine) for members of the LGBTQ community to be denied any rights or freedoms, and I support separation of church and state. LGBTQ rights is not a gay vs straight issue- it's a human rights issue, and "freedom isn't free unless it's for everyone" (The Ally Coalition).

CoeyG
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Quoting luvemboth:

The creator of the universe and everything in it.

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting luvemboth:

I'm not a supporter because that's not how God intended intimant relationships to be. That doesn't mean I dislike any particular ppl in that community, but I don't support that part of their life.

Who's god? 

Again, Who's?  Not who is god...Who's god You are aware of the thousands of different religions in the world are you not?  And that some of them have no "god" or "creator" and that there are Atheists on this planet as well?

CoeyG
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Quoting raegan1221:

Well, I don't believe that people were born gay or that God "made" them gay. I believe that it's a decision they make. And please don't get me wrong, I have nothing at all against anyone being gay. I just more believe in the marriage between a man and a woman. Since you asked me, I'll answer that. I am sure I'll get ripped about it but it's just how I feel on that. And I would never cram my beliefs down someone or tell them that the way they believe is wrong. Sorry just wanted to clarify that.

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting raegan1221:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting raegan1221:

Quoting Lvlyskittles:

Quoting raegan1221:

Why? 

So being "straight" would be a choice as well then?  Hmmm interesting As far as marriage...You are aware that it always has been a civil rite and not a religious one?  Marriage was around long before any religion was introduced.  And Christianity is just a little over 2,000 years old itself...there were marriages long before Christianity.  Religion on enters into any religion (gay or straight) if the couple getting married want it too.  I am straight but there was no mention of any deity or reference to any religion in my ceremony when I got married. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)