Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What in the World?! PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

Our utility bill was OVER $400!! I need to figure out how to get that down....a lot! I realize it's getting colder, but I was budgeting 400/month and thought that was high. 

Any ideas what to check for to get this bill down? We don't have any more things plugged in here than we did in our last house, yet the bill is double. What can we do?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Matriarch87
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Turn your heat down, dress warmly when inside, buy an electric blanket, close off any unused rooms, plastic your windows, or fix/repair/replace your windows, do your laundry all at once instead of daily and dont let your dryer run on the cool down cycle because it takes that much electricity to warm it up again, just take the hot clothes out and put the wet clothes in the already hot dryer.  rinse your dishes and wash them on cold, shower less frequently or shower with cold, change your schedule so you go to bed when its dark that way your light get shut off sooner.  Thats pretty much all I can think of...

We live in a drafty old house and if I didn't do these things our electric bill would be outrageous instead of the $500/month that im used to...

: / 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Get a winterizing kit from home depot. You tape up the plastic over your windows and blow dry it till it is clear. It cut our bill about $50 each month. 

TylersMom999
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM

We have never had a bill that high before.  I would call your utilities company and ask them to come re-read the meter to make sure that is correct before I paid it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured