Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spouses/ex spouses of Veterans only plz!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I have a question for you all... how the heck do I get through to the VA? I've been out since 2010, and I've NEVER gone through this much BS since before I was out.

I've been waiting on a disability check for 3 months, since they told me that I was eligible after my surgery (before then, I'm assuming that they didn't believe me that I was injured/ an old injury was aggravated while in service.)

I got the letters saying that I would receive it within 15 days (no mention of business days, mind you).

I've tried calling the regional office here, and they keep disconnecting my calls from their end due to "high call volume". I've sent them numerous emails through the ebenefits website, and even called the local claims center in the VA Hospital. All no go's or no replies.

I don't want to seem impatient to them, but I've got bills to pay, and food to buy, and a kid to clothe... so how to I get this over and done with. I don't even care if they backdate all the payments up to when I was discharged. I just want these monthly checks to start coming!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Have you gone to the VA building itself to speak to someone?  That is what we have to do often for my guys medications and any money discrepancies.

luvemboth
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I agree with going into the VA office, with that letter in hand. I hate dealing with them for anything because we get such the run around and everything on their end takes forever! GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Disability checks come sometime during the week(s) after the date of your birth in that month.  Mine comes each Wednesday following the 18 of the month Your Disability check will come on whatever day of the week they have assigned you following the date your birthday is on.  If you were orn on the 6th say, you may get your check on the 7th, 8th, 9th.

Going to the VA office isn't going to do anything other than make you become even  more frustrated because they will tell you just what I did.

Disability regardless of Military or non goes through Social Security not the VA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)