Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much to feed my baby

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

i need advice, i have a 9 week old baby and i cant get a straight answer about how much and how often to feed her. she does have acid reflux and right now i am feeding her 3 oz every 2 hrs but she is not gaining weigh like she should and she always seems hungry...advise please!!!! and also how much weight should she have gained already

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok how are her diapers at least six a day? What was her lowest weight after birth and how much has she gained since? You are feeding her a good amount but she is in a growth spurt so she will seem like she is always hungry. Are you formula feeding or breastfeeding?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Feed her an ounce or 2 more at each feeding. Mine had reflux too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickisteven
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM

her diapers are good, she was born at 8 12 but is only 9 7 at 9 weeks she seems to be havng a hard time gaining weght. and she only has a bm about every other day :(

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Are you formula feeding her? If so, you might want to think about switching formula. There is one out there specifically for colic and sensitive stomachs.

nickisteven
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM

oh and she is formula feed

nickisteven
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM

oh yes she has been switched like 6 times, she is now on alimentum which seems to be doing good with her :)

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Ok so a little over a lbs in 2 months right? That is a little low but all babies grow differently I would up her feeds by one oz. And try giving her more bm if you can. I've heard eats on feets or something is really good for getting bm. Is she meeting milestones? Trying to hold up her head? Tracking you with her eyes? If so I wouldn't worry to much the thing about charts is someone always has to be on the bottom but that doesnt always mean there is a problem.

Quoting nickisteven:

her diapers are good, she was born at 8 12 but is only 9 7 at 9 weeks she seems to be havng a hard time gaining weght. and she only has a bm about every other day :(

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM

My tiny dd never gained 2 lbs in a month ever.  3 months she never gained at all between 12 and 15 months. 

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Ok so a little over a lbs in 2 months right? That is a little low but all babies grow differently I would up her feeds by one oz. And try giving her more bm if you can. I've heard eats on feets or something is really good for getting bm. Is she meeting milestones? Trying to hold up her head? Tracking you with her eyes? If so I wouldn't worry to much the thing about charts is someone always has to be on the bottom but that doesnt always mean there is a problem.

Quoting nickisteven:

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

busymom64064
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

This.......ALSO, do you have her on reflux medication

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Ok how are her diapers at least six a day? What was her lowest weight after birth and how much has she gained since? You are feeding her a good amount but she is in a growth spurt so she will seem like she is always hungry. Are you formula feeding or breastfeeding?

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I don't even know how much my kids weighed while they were newborns we went to their check ups until like three months? Idk we don't vax so I only take them to the doc if they are really sick they grew out of diapers and clothes every few months or so, so I never worried about it. Imo they weigh what they weigh and if they didn't meet milestones or grow out of clothes or acted differently then normal ect then I would worry.

Quoting atlmom2:

My tiny dd never gained 2 lbs in a month ever.  3 months she never gained at all between 12 and 15 months. 

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Quoting nickisteven:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)