Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Handle Breaks from Baby?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

How do you ladies handle your DH or sig. other going out while ur  @ home with the baby? I know everyone needs a break, but just looking for advice. Sometimes my DH goes to have a beer or 2 after work with his boss and it kinda made me upset last night.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM
We hired a sitter and went out together. Dh did not go out without me early on when they were young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferne3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly sometimes it annoys me, and then I take a deep breath and realize he needs a break.  I am lucky, my husband is really involved in taking care of our daughter and the house and he doesn't go out that often.  He comes back energized an more helpful than ever.

Megan11587
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM

My DH went out with his friends for the night over the weekend.  I had no plans, I didn't mind.  I got the whole night (and whole bed) to myself - it was kind of nice.

piwife
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I go out twice a month. Dh doesn't go out except to work or run errands. ( he is very antisocial)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sorcha1945
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Simple I take breaks to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pristine729
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM
He doesn't...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM

We always go out together but we have very nice family member around so that helps a lot. He goes out with his brothers to just get a break which at first I hated but then realized I was just being selfish. He will also watch the baby if I wanna run and get some food or something for the house.

StacyO722
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I go out and he stays home with DD. I'm not one to go to a bar with friends or anthing, but I will go get coffee or do some shopping and take a little longer than normal just to be out and about without company. Most weekends he will take DD on an adventure and leave me home alone to do chores or sleep in or whatever, too.

DH goes out with his friends once every 2 weeks or so, plus he's a hunter and goes out a bunch during deer season. He's a great Dad and does so much for us, he needs to have fun too.

Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I take breaks for myself, and make sure we have breaks together too. If my husband goes out after work one night, I'll make plans to go out with a friend a few nights later... :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM
When I lay the kids down I put in a movie and paint my nails or give myself a facial and treat my hair with deep conditioners. Read a book sniping having a glass of wine etc....

My man doesn't ask to go out with his friends and if they ask him he tells them no Bc he doesn't want to leave me home with the kids after Ive already been home with them all day. So now his friends call and ask me if my guy can go out. lol. They know I will shove him out the door. To me I think its healthy to let him relax with guys. It keeps his stress level down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)