Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need appetizer idea for xmas party?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am not a big cooker but need to take a appetizer type food to party this weekend! Any suggestions???? Something easy!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommyofSCC
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Mini twice baked potatoes?

AdoptingMommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
buffalo chicken dip!!!! so yummy and so easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

crock pot ranch mushrooms --

two 8 oz pkgs fresh mushrooms

1 stick of butter

1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix

Melt butter in saucepan on stove top on medium-low heat.  While butter is melting, clean mushrooms and place in medium-sized crock pot (cut larger mushrooms in half, otherwise leave them whole).  Once butter is melted, mix in packet of Ranch mix.  Pour mixture over mushrooms and stir in to coat.  

Cook in crock-pot on low for 4 1/2 hours or high for 2 - 3 hours.  

Delicious!

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM

An easy one is to pour a bag of frozen regular meatballs into the crockpot and then a couple jars of orange sauce from the Asian aisle- duck sauce.   Heat a couple hours until warm. 

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

This is called Crack Dip.  It's a cheddar bacon dip and it's SOOO good.  I've made it for a couple of different parties and everyone loved it.  I do add more cheese and bacon than it asks for though.  I don't really measure, I just pour until I think it looks good.  You make it the day before, put it in the refrigerator and bust it out when you want to serve it.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Thank you, I copied it down. I didn't know you could get bacon bits in bags- where are they located? What do you usually serve with it for dippers?

Quoting jillbailey26:

This is called Crack Dip.  It's a cheddar bacon dip and it's SOOO good.  I've made it for a couple of different parties and everyone loved it.  I do add more cheese and bacon than it asks for though.  I don't really measure, I just pour until I think it looks good.  You make it the day before, put it in the refrigerator and bust it out when you want to serve it.  

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM

In the salad dressing aisle.  Where the dry dressing mixes are.  Not the dry Bacos crap, but real bacon pieces.  Both are there.  

You can serve it with Fritos, Tostitos or any other kind of plain chip.

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you, I copied it down. I didn't know you could get bacon bits in bags- where are they located? What do you usually serve with it for dippers?

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Thank you. I am having the family over for NY eve and want to serve this. :)

Quoting jillbailey26:

In the salad dressing aisle.  Where the dry dressing mixes are.  Not the dry Bacos crap, but real bacon pieces.  Both are there.  

You can serve it with Fritos, Tostitos or any other kind of plain chip.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)