Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP, please this is getting ridiculous

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  • 34 Replies

Okay I know this is a weird place to post this but I need advice. My cousin his gf and their 2 month old baby are living with me. The past three days he has been taking anywhere between 5-15 valiums a day. He has been stealing things from my room, went as far as stealing the kids stocking stuffers from my room. Then last night he goes an gets put in jail has cops in my home at 2am. I have told him he does it again an itll be done an over with he will have to leave. By doing that I cant ensure that the baby is taken care of, and I cant ensure that CPS would not come in an take my kids away or I would call them on them for Lily. Help me idk what to do I throw them out an I throw out an infant... im so lost

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I would try to take guardianship of the baby while getting his butt and the gf (if she is in addiction) into a rehab place to try to kick this addiction.  It is not a healthy place for anyone to be in.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Why would CPS come get your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadkins07
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Because they are doing that stuff in my house. He stumbles and is constantly doing it. He has put me in a bad place and I am not at all liking it. I dont want my family to hate me but I cant take care of another baby, I hate to say it but Nikki (the babies mom) has the mind of a fourteen year old an does the stuff with him. She was nodding out holding the baby and then asks me to get her to stop crying she is extremely colicy and I think she needs formula switched so shes throwing up an and stuff all the time an they keep giving her stage three nipples when shes two months old it chokes her. I give her a bath every other day because they dont and she stinks of old spit up. I dont want CPS in my home although I have nothing to hide at all I would call today but the house is a mess and I cant get home to clean it by the time CPS would be there and I dont want them there. My cousin literally tracked mud everywhere at 2AM and Nikki didnt clean the kitchen last night like shes supposed to. I wont risk losing my kids but I guess I do either way

bafamily
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I would definately get that situation away from my kids.  Call CPS, they are not going to take away your kids for a dirty house, but they probably will if you let your cousin and his gf take this situation any further.  My mom kicked her brother out once becasue he stumble in all high and she was like umm...mmmm no and the family didn't hate her they understood.  And if your family doesn't understand now they will later.  You have to put your kids first.

cadkins07
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Nikki is 19, never had to be a mom never had to take care of herself I have to remind her to brush her teeth and tell her what she can an cant do she gets really upset that i can calm lily down an she cant. Im at a loss my fiancee is so on edge it kills me we never have any peace and Idc to help them at all but they gotta help themself. He thinks because he gives me 400 a month that he can do as he pleases when he pleases and my things are his things. I flushed the valium he had left this morning. He will be heated when he gets out if nikki can find the 175 bail money to get him out. I am  not looking forward to doing this. I am half tempted to go home from work and then call CPS before I leave here and just show up when they get there but the mess concerns me

bafamily
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM

If you are afraid of him have the cops there when you tell your cousin to go.  I would call CPS and the police before I left work so they can meet me at the house.  You poor thing, I'm sorry.  Tell him you love him wether he believes it or not, but you can't have your kids around his lifestyle.  Good luck and I would inform your cousins mother what you are doing so one she hears it from the horses mouth and two maybe she can take the baby if CPS does take the baby.

cadkins07
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

His mother died a few months ago, thats why he is with me.. I dont want him mad at me but my family understands i just consider him as family because we are close but i will not risk losing my kids

sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Please tell me how CPS is WORSE than parents who are idiots, drug addicts, & thieves???  If you are so worried about the child, petition the courts for custody and raise it yourself.  Or you can continue as you are, they will steal you blind, and when they are arrested in YOUR house for dealing, then CPS will take ALL the children. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Kick his ass out. Do not enable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

My guess because they're in the home around drugs..that's what I'd think.

Quoting steffielou_who:

Why would CPS come get your kids?

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)