Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 yo DD is out of control

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

my almost three year old daughter was a perfect angel until recently. She would spend the weekend with her dad and come back home happy and sweet and normal. Last month my ex husband lost his home and moved in with his mother and her five and six year olds. Ever since then my daughter is being a brat. She is takng off her clothes, screaming at the top of her lungs inside, and getting into everything. Last night she ran outside with no shoes on when i went out to get something after telling her three times to not open the door. I had to drag her in crying and telling me to shut up that i was a bad momma. I put her right to bed. This morning i walk out of the room for two min to switch laundry into dryer. Normally her and my four year old son would sit on the couch and watch tv. My husband started yelling at me to come up. My dd had gotten a chair climed into the cabinets to get a bag of chips. She had the whole bag empty on the ground jumping and laughing on them. I sent her to her room and attempted to talk to her. She wouldnt listen. Right after that she was down stairs physically fighting with her brother over his blanket. How do i deal with her. I tried talking to my ex and he wont listen. He said its not his fault i cant control my kid and he is not going to stop babying her and letting her run wild at his house. My husband and i are severly fighting over it. He wants me to keep punishing her because she is trying to walk all over me, but i feel like its not all her fault. She comes from his home where she can do as she pleases and it confuses her that my rules are different. We never had any problems until he moved into his mothers. Any advice!!!!

I am a Young, Outspoken, Pro Choice, Sleep Deprived Med Student, Full Time Working, Italian and Spanish Momma to 2 Crazy Beautiful Toddlers & Wouldn't Change it For The World!!!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
italianbesos
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM

BUMP!

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Ugh that sounds so frustrating. She is 3 so she's bound to test you anyway, you just need to continue to be firm with her. I would also try to talk to her dad again.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Taking clothes of at 2 and 3 is normal.  They all do that.  I'm 59 and I still run outside with no shoes on...I'm a very bad girl.  As far as screaming, she is good at learning what is taught when she is with her father, I'd have a talk with him about that.  But getting naked, running out with no shoes, getting into things is all a part of being three.  She is discovering that there is a great big world out there and she wants to be part of it, she is gaining independence and you are going to have to step it up.  You have to be more diligent, more consistent and have more patience because it has only begun LOL

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM

She needs consistency at your house.  Time outs for any house rules you have there.  She is old enough to understand there are rules to be followed.  Time outs usually work best for this age since they help redirect the childs attention and help teach the child impulse control.

marisab
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM

sounds loke she sjust testing and i wouldnt give in!

Meloney413
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Your lucky its prolonged til 3 years... my Miss Thang ( as we call her) was doing this at 1.5   :/

itsallabtthem84
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM
I agree.

Maybe she is picking up some of her behavior from the other kids.

Quoting marisab:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Wow.

Sounds like she's in need of some extra love and attention.

italianbesos
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

thats exactly what she is doing. She is acting like her youngest aunt. I just  feel like now that my ex is living with his mom he is letting her care for my daughter and she has this do what you please ill clean it later just leave me alone attituide. Shes being crupted and he wont do nothing about it.

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

I agree.

Quoting marisab:

I am a Young, Outspoken, Pro Choice, Sleep Deprived Med Student, Full Time Working, Italian and Spanish Momma to 2 Crazy Beautiful Toddlers & Wouldn't Change it For The World!!!

itsallabtthem84
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM
If he won't do anything the best you can do is stay consistent. Don't give him and don't let her get her way.

Quoting italianbesos:

thats exactly what she is doing. She is acting like her youngest aunt. I just  feel like now that my ex is living with his mom he is letting her care for my daughter and she has this do what you please ill clean it later just leave me alone attituide. Shes being crupted and he wont do nothing about it.

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

I agree.

Quoting marisab:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)