Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some Adive

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 16 Replies

I went for my u/s on the 14th to find out what im having having a boy :)  i was 21 wks prego and  i saw  my baby boy  one active child :)  that night i was expereicing really bad acid reflux i was diagnosed acided relfux in 00 and to apoint  i was throwing up blood doctor told me to go to er to check it out  and i told the er  doctors and nurses i was 21 wks prego and experiencing acid reflux  and the doctor put me on 40 mg of prilsec and 40 mg carafate for my acid reflux a wk later at 22 wks wet for my annual check up to hear the heart beat and NO heart beat and had  to dliever him.. 

Any moms or soon to be mom was on any of these pills?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Never heard of the one but I was on zantac for my pregnancy with no ill effects.   I do not think prilosec causes miscarriages either.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. ((hugs))

ferne3
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I had bad heartburn for my first and they gave me Prilosec.  No issues except the heartburn came back pretty quickly after I finished the series and I couldn't take it again, so when heartburn came around this time, I didn't take it.  I am so sorry for your loss.

Mommy2justone
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Oh my gosh, I am so so so sorry momma :( 

Mommy2justone
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM

From what I have read (just now, so not a lot), neither of those have been known to cause miscarriage.

itsallabtthem84
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaniandTom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I'm so sorry! I've had a stillborn and 4 miscarriages so I do understand the need to find the reason you lost your baby. Unfortunately, with most babies you never find out why. That, I think, is the hardest thing to accept. There are no words that can ease the pain nor can knowing the reason your baby didn't live. I doubt that either of the meds in question caused your stillbirth. Doctors are so careful with pregnant women because of the risk of lawsuits that they just don't prescribe anything that isn't FDA approved for pregnant women. If there were any questions, I am sure they would have advised you at the time they prescribed the drugs. 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could take away your pain but only time can do that. I'm here if you ever want to talk about him, though. ♥Hugs♥ 

la_bella_vita
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I'm so very sorry : ( I took Zantac while pregnant for my acid reflux. My mother had a still born at 22 weeks as well. She was sick with the flu when it happened.

swimmerl2003
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Thanks everyone went to doctors today and they didnt find anything medical concerns ect.  with my son so im happy about that 

Lorissa11
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)