Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

plans made the x is backing out

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM
  • 31 Replies

i had plans made for christmas break and i had these plans made for long time. I was bummed out that i had to settle for my son leaving me for christmas because of friend of the court  rulings. The x just left me a message tonight that he cannot keep the court ordered visitations. I have no experience in this and iv been ruled the primary parent. I love to be with my son but i had plans which i didnt want my son to be around and  never have any  help. Does any mom out there know about rulings on friend of the court and the ideas behind backing out of a court orederd visitation?

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.shank.
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Say what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm confused too....

So,your ex was going to have your son for Christmas,per court order...then backed out,but you're upset because you'd already made plans that includes stuff you don't want your son to be around for??? Cancel your plans and enjoy Christmas with your SON!!!

Quoting .shank.:

Say what?

divamom467
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

what if i made plans to be with someone who the court may not like? I dont want my lawyer to know and money has been made with the plans my son tells my x everything how would this effect things in court? Im the primary parent im always afriad i will get in trouble. I want a life and i dont want to tell my laywer everthing about me

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Just cancel the plans.Seriously.It's your son,it's Christmas.Don't worry so much about other people.Your son should be your focus.

Quoting divamom467:

what if i made plans to be with someone who the court may not like? I dont want my lawyer to know and money has been made with the plans my son tells my x everything how would this effect things in court? Im the primary parent im always afriad i will get in trouble. I want a life and i dont want to tell my laywer everthing about me

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM
6 moms liked this
If its someone the court wouldnt like then why would you have that person in your life? Your son should be your priority.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I'd be ecstatic to get a surprise Christmas. But this is why I fought tooth and nail and high heel for 100% custody of my kids. I get every holiday and every birthday. Every after school play date and every sick day, too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry OP, but I have to agree with MrsApple on this one. Seriously, why are you wanting to sacrifice everything just to be with someone who could ultimately risk everything you have settled within the courts. Seems to me that you aren't putting your son before you like a REAL MOTHER would.

Quoting MrsApple:

Just cancel the plans.Seriously.It's your son,it's Christmas.Don't worry so much about other people.Your son should be your focus.

Quoting divamom467:

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly.I wouldn't have people like that in my life in the first place!

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

If its someone the court wouldnt like then why would you have that person in your life? Your son should be your priority.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Are these illegal plans you have made since they involve making money?  I would be happy he could be home with me now for christmas and disappointed on his behalf that someone couldnt keep their promise to him.

divamom467
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

it is  had to explain it is about love of both and im having a hard time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)