Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter's Christmas Gift

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

I saw this beautiful necklace in a jewelry shop. It had the name "Melody" on it in cursive and it was 14 karat gold. I wanted to get it for my six year old daughter,Melody, for Christmas but I don't know if I can trust her with it. She's very organized and she can't stand it if anything is out of it's place so i think I can get it for her but I don't want to take a big risk just yet. We gave her a charm bracelet last year and she almost never takes it off, but I'm just not sure about the necklace yet. My husband thinks we should get it for her, but i don't know.

What do you guys think?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My 6 yr old daughter has several nice pieces of jewelry that she takes VERY good care of so if she's anything like my daughter,I say go for it!

strictmomhere
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
She seems mature enough:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Id say get it. And that Shes only allowed to wear to school and important outings.

But at home it needs to be off

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I would, that is something special she will treasure later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

i think you should go for it..but in MY opinion it shouldnt be worn at school..if a kid yanks on it during recess or even in gym..it could break  :(

elzmnsf
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:14 AM
For my 6 yr Old, no way! But my 6 yr old has broken jewelry (cheaper stuff) and taken it off in class and lost it or got it confiscated... Your 6 year old has shown herself to be responsible, so I would do. But I would keep in the back of my mind that she is 6 and , while it would suck, this may be the piece that she makes a wrong choice on, since she is young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2bkayleesmommy
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:22 AM
My 3yr old has 18k gold earrings in her ears. And a gold ring (white gold)... My 5yr old cousin has.. HAD a tiffany's bracelet haha... Depends on the kid, I'd do it for ur dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Do what my grandma did: she got us nice jewlery and a very nice jewlery box. We were careful to keep our jewlery in there. If my mom saw jewlery out she'd take it and tell us the magpie took it until we could learn to put it away properly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM
If she's really careful and responsible with her stuff, then I don't see why not. Make sure you put it on a box chain for her...they kink less than other chains and are very durable (I used to work at a jewelry store...it was the chain I always recommended and never had a complaint!).

But I agree with a PP, I wouldn't let her wear it to school in case she plays rough. Or maybe get a special box for her to keep in her backpack that she could put it in before gym so it's not a hazzard for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:52 AM

How about getting it for her and letting her only wear it if she's going somewhere that you are. So not to school but okay for family dinner outings or church or whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)