Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking about having another baby...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

A couple weeks ago, my husband and I were talking and then all of the sudden the topic of a new baby is brought up.

We have been discussing everything, we even made a pro's and cons list! But i'm still not sure. 

Maybe it's too late to have another baby? I mean, our son is 8 years old and our daughter is 6 so I don't know if right now is a good time considering the age differences.

My oldest brother was about 9 years older than me, he was the mediator, and my sister was two years younger than me so we would always fight and bicker. I'm worried thats how it will be with my kids.

What do you guys think?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I'm 9 and 11 yrs older than my sisters.I grew up with less of a sibling relationship with them but it was still great.We seem to get closer as we all get older.I'm 28 now and they are 19 and 17.

Our daughter is 6 and we're still trying for another child.The age difference doesn't bother us.

MommyMitchy247
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Best of luck to you and trying to conceive! :') 

My mom told me this old persian trick to help fertility. Boil fennel seeds with honey and lemon for about thrity minutes and then drink the tea every night for three months. Thats what helped me have my son since I had a bit of trouble conceiving the first time round.

Quoting MrsApple:

I'm 9 and 11 yrs older than my sisters.I grew up with less of a sibling relationship with them but it was still great.We seem to get closer as we all get older.I'm 28 now and they are 19 and 17.

Our daughter is 6 and we're still trying for another child.The age difference doesn't bother us.

KG34
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM

My son is 10 years older than his half sister. They don't live together, but she adores him. 

If you really want another baby, then go for it.

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Mine are 5&7 and I have a newborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Thanks!At this point I'll try anything,lol.

Quoting MommyMitchy247:

Best of luck to you and trying to conceive! :') 

My mom told me this old persian trick to help fertility. Boil fennel seeds with honey and lemon for about thrity minutes and then drink the tea every night for three months. Thats what helped me have my son since I had a bit of trouble conceiving the first time round.

Quoting MrsApple:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I'm so glad to be done with babies.

Gaps are gonna work no matter how big- a family is a family.

If you want to start over for the sske of having a baby, that's up to you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM

It reallly doesn't matter.  Your kids aren't going to be the same as your sibling and you.  My sons are a lot better friends than my sister and I are.  They still fight and bicker, but they have each others back.  My sister and I have each other's backs, but there are a lot of differences and we won't ever be close and I imagine when our Mother dies, we probably won't see each other if ever.   If you and husband want another baby, it's a deicion for you two.  The other two will be okay.  I actually think your 8 year old will adjust better than your6 year old, especially if the baby is a girl because she won't be the only princess.

jackieb2811
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

My twins are 5 and I am pregnant I am glad it worked out like that for me because the twins are old enough to help now and be good big brothers and the baby will have two older brothers to kick kids asses if anyone messes with him/her! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)