Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What do I send with my daughter for lunch?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 3 year old daughter is in preschool and I send lunch with her everyday. She is a very picky eater so I usually send her with the same thing everyday. Lately I have been sending her with a bagel and cream cheese. This morning her teacher told me that I should start sending something different for lunch. I personally don't like that she said this to me because I figure that as long as she is eating it, there should be no problem with me giving her the same thing every day. If she got tired of the same lunch, she would tell me. She has been requesting a bagel and cream cheese every morning. However, maybe switching it up a little may not be the worst idea. Any quick lunch ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Probably because a teacher has to spread it for her. Try getting squeeze cream cheese she can spread herself. Or bagel sandwiches. They're awesome. Just use bagel instead of bread. Mmmm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raquel100
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I make the bagel and cream cheese myself. I make if for her in the morning and put it in an insulated lunch box.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be suggesting other foods. Kids eat if you offer different foods and don't give in to their demands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Does she like pbj sandwiches? Pb and crackers? They make little fruit pouches that are pretty handy for little ones. You just screw the top off and suck out the fruit like applesauce. My dd and nephew love them. Cheerios, baked chips, nutragrain bars, goldfish crackers, animal crackers. Does she like any of those? How about carrots, apples, grapes? Hopefully some of those will work!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raquel100
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM

My daughter is in a peanut free school so no pb&j sandwitches

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM
I figured since a lot of schools do that. Does she like lunch meat or cheese?
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Sorry, I find a teacher telling a parent what to feed their own child is over stepping boundaries. I will say that cream cheese has hardly any protien in it, which she desperately needs.
You say she's picky, so it would be difficult for me to tell you what to pack. I just know for little ones, protien is insanely important for those little minds to grow... , shelled sunflower seeds almonds, walnuts, chicken chunks?
raquel100
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I have tried giving her cheese sandwhices for lunch but she has to really be in the mood for them. I can try sending her with a cheese sandwhich tomorrow without her knowing what I packed for her. I just worry that if she is not in the mood, she won't eat it. She has been screaming for bagels with cream cheese all week!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Ridiculous. My girls had peanut free tables but not peanut free schools.

Quoting raquel100:

My daughter is in a peanut free school so no pb&j sandwitches

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raquel100
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Sorry, I find a teacher telling a parent what to feed their own child is over stepping boundaries. I will say that cream cheese has hardly any protien in it, which she desperately needs.
You say she's picky, so it would be difficult for me to tell you what to pack. I just know for little ones, protien is insanely important for those little minds to grow... , shelled sunflower seeds almonds, walnuts, chicken chunks?

I complrtely agree that her teacher should not be telling me what to feed my daughter. As far as protein goes, She has a yogurt every morning for breakfast and loves milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)