Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my 6 week old son is...

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 15 Replies
my 6 week old son is sick. he has diarrhea. it is very pale yellow, not normal mustardy. it is very watery & EXTREMELY foul smelling. it is like a rotten egg times 100. this has been going on for 3 days now & idk what to do. i plan on calling dr, bt am very worried & freakin out.

he usually will be constipated & not poop for a day or two & then he will poop for a day & be normal for awhile but its a cycle... 3 days of diarrhea isnt normal for him. diarrhea isnt normal for him.

what do u all think?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XJetX
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Breast or bottle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldve already called the ER, pedi office, or on call pedi if it was after hours......just to get advice on what TO do or NOT to do. I think diarrhea can be bad for a newborn but not sure? My 3yr old never had that problem. I do know that breastfed babies have looser stools than formula fed babies. Hope baby gets to feeling better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
is he dehydrated?
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Is he breast fed or formula fed?  It sounds like a stomach bug that has to run its course.  Definitely get him into doctor in case of dehydration.  I would have been at urgent care or ER the second day of diarhheah

GabeAiyAra
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM
he was breast fed for first 2.5 wks & is now bottle fed.

Quoting XJetX:

Breast or bottle?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM
i dont think so. he is constantl eating & im already back at work so idk how many wet diapers he has a day!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

is he dehydrated?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
this is my 4th kid & i nvr had this problem w the other 3. so idk what to do. but thanks so much! i will be callin er just to see if i can get some advice.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Is he breast fed or formula fed?  It sounds like a stomach bug that has to run its course.  Definitely get him into doctor in case of dehydration.  I would have been at urgent care or ER the second day of diarhheah

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM
This happened to my daughter !!! She was a year and a half, if lasted 2 weeks. The smell was the worest part! She was having like 15 bad diapers a day. She went to the doctor twice and ER once an then it sopped on its on. I guess it's a bug?
I would call the doctor since he's so little. She was still happy and playing , she only cried when she pooped .
Hope he feels better
GabeAiyAra
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM
thanks! i hope so too!

he is crabby most of the day! he got a cold a wk or 2 ago from my 2nd youngest & is still getn the flem out. so he kinda has 2 sicknesses. callin er right now!

Quoting juniebug11:

This happened to my daughter !!! She was a year and a half, if lasted 2 weeks. The smell was the worest part! She was having like 15 bad diapers a day. She went to the doctor twice and ER once an then it sopped on its on. I guess it's a bug?

I would call the doctor since he's so little. She was still happy and playing , she only cried when she pooped .

Hope he feels better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Never fun when the newest baby throws a curve ball i am sure.  

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

this is my 4th kid & i nvr had this problem w the other 3. so idk what to do. but thanks so much! i will be callin er just to see if i can get some advice.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN