Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hi! I have my initial appointment tomorrow and would like to know if they will be able to give me something right away or if I will have to wait. Please spare me your WIC bashing-this was a pretty tough year for us and I have never had to ask for help before.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
singlemama0905
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM
As long as you have all the paperwork correct you'll walk out with wic check in hand
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
girlywifey

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

they give you a month or three months worth of vouchers at your first appointment. good for you that you are asking for help when you need it.

Thanks! A friend of mine had to talk me into it. I looked online and was surprised on all the items they give you.

girlywifey

Quoting singlemama0905:

As long as you have all the paperwork correct you'll walk out with wic check in hand

Thank you!

armyvet06
by Ashley on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I have had to be on WIC a couple of times. And each time they gave me a months worth of checks until my paperwork was processed. Then i got checks every 3 months.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM
They should be able to print off your checks immediately.
girlywifey
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Quoting armyvet06:

I have had to be on WIC a couple of times. And each time they gave me a months worth of checks until my paperwork was processed. Then i got checks every 3 months.

Thanks!

girlywifey
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

They should be able to print off your checks immediately.

Thank you!!!

cara124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM
As long as you have everything in order and all the paper work you should walk out with the checks
armyvet06
by Ashley on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Your welcome!

Quoting girlywifey:

Quoting armyvet06:

Thanks!

TheMommaJessie
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

glad she talked you in to it. it is great program

Quoting girlywifey:

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

they give you a month or three months worth of vouchers at your first appointment. good for you that you are asking for help when you need it.

Thanks! A friend of mine had to talk me into it. I looked online and was surprised on all the items they give you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)