Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Kindle Fire

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi, My kids got kindle fire's for chrismas.  They use the ipads at school instead of textbooks, and I am looking for ideas for educational apps for them?  They read often but it seems that all of the apps that I find are for preschoolers.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM

No clue b/c my daughter is 4yr so she uses all the preschool/kindy apps............I usually just browse through the app store daily b/c the free ones change daily.

SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Yesterday at 2:59 PM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I want to know too!!!! We just got 4-year-old DD one.

slightlyperfect

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I would like to know too, bump!

LindaClement
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:43 PM

There are lots of review sites -- I found this one by googling 'kindle fire apps' :

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/288380/the-21-best-kindle-fire-apps

JeremysMom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

My son just got a Kindle Fire this weekend. He is 8 and so far, I have only found fun game type apps. I did find a 39 Clues game (based off the book series). I haven't downloaded it yet to check it out though. If I find anything, I will post it here.

cbk_mom3
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Well, it's so strange I read this post right now. My 6 year old granddaughter is playing on mine as I write this. What I did was go to the apps store, and type in "kids" what came up was all the games, educational things and books, both free and paid. She has been having a ball with mine today. Hope you all are able to find some good things for your kids. I LOVE my Kindle Fire!

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

There is a discussion group about kindle and two groups about free kindle books. to find these go to kindle books at amazon and then click discussions and then look for free or freebie.  These discussions also give you links to sites that have many free kindle books every day.  Something else would be to type in free kindle childrens books or apps in the search box.

wybrneyes
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I can't get my cafe mom game site to play on my kindle fire any suggestions?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I wonder if you should click contact us at the bottom of the page and ask admin at CafeMom.

Quoting wybrneyes:

I can't get my cafe mom game site to play on my kindle fire any suggestions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)