Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
My lil man is 6 weeks today and is so miserable he's all congested and his nose is so stuffed that he sounds like a lil piggy on top of his tummy and gas problems. He's getting to the point where nothing is soothing him he's so fussy. I don't know what to do for him. Someone suggested gripe water for his gas, but is that okay to give him I will call the doc in the morning, just wanted to know if anyone had any advice on how to help soothe my lo. I havd the humidifier on and I use the bulb for his boogies even though he hates it. What else can I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Replies (11-11):
Annalisesmom712
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My little girl had/has gassiness since she was born!  She also had tons of congestion.  I would suggest getting a wedge for the crib if he is in a crib or prop him up to elevate his head (my doctor suggested this).  As for the gassiness try Little Remedies gas drops and try sitting him up as straight as possible during a feeding and for about 30 minutes after. (Doctor recomended as well)  Also it could be the formula or what you are eating that causes the gassiness.  I had to stop eating all things dairy and put a little bit of rice or oatmeal cereal in her bottle when I pumped and after switching her to formula I tried the one with rice startch and it's working wonders!  I hope this helped!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)