Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To make a very long story short, I've been with my boyfriend for four years now and we have a two year old son. Before I became pregnant we moved out of the state to be closer to his family. Lets just say his family can be nice one day and not so nice the next. They are constantly in our business, and if they don't know something such as how much money we make, where we are, what we got from town then they get mad. If you try not telling them they ask over and over again, even if you tell them nicely that it's personal. Even if we buy something such as a TV or new shoes, they have to know where we got them and how much it was. My boyfriend says that he's use to it and that's the way they are. I on the other hand think it's to much. And to top it of they favor their older son and treat my boyfriend badly, talk down to him, even make fun of him from time to time. I don't wont my son to ever think that it's okay for people to treat anyone like that. How can I make things better without making them worse?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Replies (11-12):
Joyce1317
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Well to answer some questions, no we don't live with them, we have our own house. They don't help us with anything financially either. We were just raised very differently I guess. As far as marriage we have talked about it and he wants to get married, he always has. But as for myself, I personally think of it as just a piece of paper and a new last name. Don't get me wrong I love him and our son more than anything, and for people that get married I think it's great, but like I said it's just not for me. Thank you for all the advice.

sbell02
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Holding someghing in like this is not healthy for your relationship with your in laws. I know that heis used to it but he should be able to see and respect how uncomfortable these intrusive conversations make you. I would tell him that yall need to get on the same page and sit down and have a serious conversation with them about it. If they can't respect your privacy then I would stay away from them until it sinks in and I mean cut yourself out for as long as it takes. Even if they never get it then you don't have go stress about it because you removed yourself from the situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured