Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my son keeps waking up

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:40 AM
  • 5 Replies
My son has been waking up in middle of night. He is 8 months old almost 9. He starts to cry and he gets louder the longer he lays there. I give him a bottle n he falls asleep but when I go to lay him back in his crib he wakes back up m starts to cry again. He just started doing this. I really hope it stops soon. I don't know what to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Does he possibly not feel well or teething?  Maybe put one of your shirts you wore recently in the bed with him so you can leave but he still sense you.

Momof3smoochies
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:21 AM
He could have colic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:22 AM

Could be teething pain, you could try a little baby tylenol. The main thing is to keep the lights dim, don't talk much, don't make it fun for him, It can get to be a habit otherwise. I would let him cry awhile and make sure he has a paci nearby.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:28 AM
My lo did that around a year old.. Would wake around 1 a.m. So we tried moving him to his own room and it stopped! We played classical music and kept a nightlight on and he was great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:46 AM

My guess is teething, growth spurt or recent milestone has been hit. Has he started crawling or cruising lately? Also, regarding above post, a 9 month old baby doesn't get colic. This is a phase and will pass. Just keep laying him down and allow him to soothe himself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)