Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

New Year, New You Challenge Day 4: Get Organized!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 4 of the New Year, New You Challenge!

It's a new year and time for a new beginning which means it's the perfect time to clear the clutter and bring order to the chaos to your home and life. Containers and closet organizers can work wonders to keep things neat and tidy, calendars can help you track appointments, and lists can make it easier to keep up with everything you need to do each day.

Do you make yourself "to do" lists? What's your secret for keeping things neat and organized?

writingOne member who signs up for our New Year, New You Challenge and replies to all 7 daily posts will be chosen at random to win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our New Year, New You Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Replies (171-180):
MizGypsy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I don't make a list I just tackle a new project to stay organized.every weekend. Sometime we even do more than one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bayliesmommy
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I need more organization in my life...
TristanMitchael
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM
The only room organized is the kids room and playroom. I am working on getting rid of clutter and getting more organized.
GotSomeKids
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Yes.  I also keep a calendar for upcoming events.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Im not organized! Hubby tells me all the time, only isue is i inow where everything is and cn give directions to find things!

To do list is on a big 20" white board on the kitchen wall! My list is usualy short while hubbys keeps growing and growing. Any tips to get him to accomplish his list?

List currently just a few
hand smoke alarm (since aug when we moved n)
Level stove (since aug, has what is needed to level it)
Build and hang shelf in living room for nick nacks(has supplies needed just hasnt done it)
Build kitchen table (have no supplies for but hes drafting the plans)
Hang towl bar n bathroom( sitting on bathroom counter) since aug!

Yes he works a 50 hour week but most of these take a few minutes... when i start he bitches and takes the tools back outside and returns 30 minutes later...
tyleroy
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I love lists. 
To stay organized, I always put everything in it's place.

LivinBlessed
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I program my "to do" list into my phone's calendar of events every night before bed. The alarms certainly help me remember the next day!
sagagirl
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM

i do have the do list system. but alot of my ideas and creations come from other moms on the cafe mom site. thanks ladies.

Flaca43
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I love making to do lists!

StephanAndCoral
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I am not a very organized person... I would love to be and have some ideas I am wanting to do but must wait until we catch up on other things first. I do use my calendar a lot to write down appointments, bills due, things I need to remember etc... Also I found that fry erase works great on the fridge so I have a magnetic dry erase marker on the fridge to write down grocery list needs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)