Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need some advise on how to break the habit of a sippie cup at night....UPDATE in pink##

Posted by   + Show Post

My one year old drinks basically a cup (in his sippie cup) of milk at night, i need some tips on how to completely get rid of it. I dont want it anymore. He knows how to drink out of a  straw. Im breaking him from the sippie cup first (day and night) And then i will start sleep training him to sleep on his own, i know he can, he just doesnt want to. There is another baby on the way so a lot of things are about to change. Sooo one other question, how in the world do i deal with the nighttime crying for his sippie cup? I know he can fall asleep without it theres just the problem of him staying asleep without it....what do i do? Advise plz!!!

well i have been brushing his teeeth morning and night and only been giving him water in his sippie cup, and sice i know he can sleep by himself during the day i let him cio till he falls asleep, may seem harsh but thats the only thing that works and not to mention he is almost two, its time to learn to sleep on his own!! He has been throwing a lot of tempers about water :p but i dont give in bc i know it is better for his teeth! :) thanks for all the advise!

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I would do water in the sippy.

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Water only in the sippy cup. Nothing wrong with having a cup of water to sip on at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Remember stick to what you are going and don't give in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Why bother?

He's growing in his sleep, using almost as much energy as when he's awake. You can either supply him with a bedside snack that he can safely eat alone in the night, or get up and find him some other food when he wakes up hungry.

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Really, for a two year old?
Quoting LindaClement:

Why bother?

He's growing in his sleep, using almost as much energy as when he's awake. You can either supply him with a bedside snack that he can safely eat alone in the night, or get up and find him some other food when he wakes up hungry.

LindaClement
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

A full-grown adult 2yo or the kind that are still growing while they sleep?

Quoting whoodathunk:

Quoting LindaClement:

Why bother?

.stella.
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I agree. Water. It broke all three of mine from nighttime cups (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dee1603
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Just don't give it to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dee1603
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM
My growing 2yo never had a bedtime snack nor woke up in the middle of the night for one.

This explains why some children can't potty train either. Too much drinks and snacks.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting whoodathunk:

Quoting LindaClement:

Why bother?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Wow, that is totally magical thinking:

Lots of kids need to eat in the night. Mine did --and both potty trained on their own well before they were 2.5yo.

Many 2yos don't need to eat in the night; some do. Lots of 2yos learned nearly 2 years ago not to bother trying to get anything in the night, regardless of what it might be.

Quoting dee1603:

My growing 2yo never had a bedtime snack nor woke up in the middle of the night for one.

This explains why some children can't potty train either. Too much drinks and snacks.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting whoodathunk:

Quoting LindaClement:

Why bother?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)