Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Question for mom out there

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

Anybody knows any good websites for annoucing their pregnacy to their family (parents siblings ect) ? or have any creative ways to annouce to their family? 

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KadosMummy
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

my girlfriend got a jar of the spaghetti sauce called "preggo" and took a pic of her and her hubby holding the jar and posted it on fb I thought that was creative and super cute...congrats on news and good luck with the fam I'm sure they will all be excited :) 

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:09 PM

We had DD wear a shirt I got on Etsy that said "I'm going to be a big sister" to Thanksgiving.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We had our oldest son announce for us.  He told everyone he was going to be a big brother.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Didn't really announce it a special way to anyone, but sent a pic of the ultrasound as a text to my mom lol, she was like "are you pregnant?" lol (second pregnancy)

BettyBoop0124
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Well my neice just last night had decided her way of telling us is to wait until she is in so much trouble she may never see her boyfriend again. In most cases just coming out and telling people is the best. If you were trying to get pregnant and it was expected you could wrap up tiny little presents up for everyone and have them open at the same time. You could have a savenger hunt with clues around your house and the first to figure out all the clues gets a prize. However you do it make it fun and enjoyable for you. If it was not planned and you are scared of telling someone, like I said before just come out and say it. Not saying it could cause more harm to the baby and you.

kblpooh
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I sent my kids on a treasure hunt around the house and it ended in the garage where they found two gifts wrapped. The gifts were t-shirts that said I am going to be a big sister.

You could make a video announcing it and email it to people. Or wrap a bib that says something about grandma or grandpa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaniandTom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I gave my mother a "baby" picture frame with a little note on the outside that said "Prescription for happiness" and on the inside another note that I put in the picture frame itself that said "To be filled in July". 

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Congrats!

LoreleiSieja
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

One time I crocheted (you can buy) a cute little pair of booties.  I gift-wrapped them and put the package on my DH's pillow.

One time I went shopping with my MIL, and I bought a cute maternity top and wore it home - she understood and shared my news with others.

Some people send out announcements, similar to baby announcements - "Our house is going to grow by two feet around May 17th"...

You could bake a pink and blue cake for dessert and frost it with pink and blue frosting...

Do you expect them to be happy, or worried?  It makes a difference in how you share your news.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I wrote special poems to the inlaws and mailed them or delivered them when we could.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)