Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What are your New Year's Resolutions??

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

Here are my goals for the New Year.

1. I will start painting again. I have several canvas and I want to use them.

2. Do one architectual drawing (either from life or from a photo I haven't decided yet)

3. Finish two UFOs (Un Finished Objects) (I like to sew).

4. Read a classic book cover to cover that I haven't read before. I've chosen Nicholas Nickelby by Charles Dickens.

5. Walk more.

6. Research on new subject.

7. Learn to make 2 new sugar flowers (I like to do cake decorating)

8. Visit 2 museums (either alone or with someone. My DD#1 said she'd like to go with me)

Those are my goals. What are your's for 2013??

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
meliscool72
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:00 AM

lose 20lbs in the next year, I want to make it very easy on myself this year lol

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:15 AM

You can do it. That is one goal I haven't been able to do since having kids. Dh and the kids all have a high metabolism and are skinny. Me I look at a picture and gain weight. LOL... One of these days....perhaps when they move out.

I did start on my reading goal. I can tell it will be a hard one to get into. I'm on chapter 2 already and am easily distracted. Not one of Dickens' better known books.

Quoting meliscool72:

lose 20lbs in the next year, I want to make it very easy on myself this year lol

meliscool72
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM

That is why I kept it small, so that I can hopefully meet the goal, 2lbs a month in 12 months basically, that shouldn't be that hard, but who knows :) I already had a broken toe and a broken ankle in 2012 LOL

Quoting chefmartha:

You can do it. That is one goal I haven't been able to do since having kids. Dh and the kids all have a high metabolism and are skinny. Me I look at a picture and gain weight. LOL... One of these days....perhaps when they move out.

I did start on my reading goal. I can tell it will be a hard one to get into. I'm on chapter 2 already and am easily distracted. Not one of Dickens' better known books.

Quoting meliscool72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)