Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me... well a friend of mine

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

hi a friend of mines daughter fell out of the highchair today and she was sick (but thats might be from porridge/milk and birthday cake. my friend is a bit worried - her daughter howled when it happened but is asleep.

if i was her i would call NHS but I dont know if that is the right advice.... anyone help?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
If she hit her head or anything she shouldn't be going to sleep anytime soon after. I would keep her awake and make sure she was acting normal. If not I would take her in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DaniandTom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

She should be seen by a doctor immediately! You just don't mess with things like that in kids! A highchair fall can cause all kinds of issues if she hit her head. Tell your friend to take her to the ER since her ped is likely closed today.

kirbyland10
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM

i know, but she said that she is ok and she's askeep - checking her every 15 mins (she wont listen to me)

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting kirbyland10:

i know, but she said that she is ok and she's askeep - checking her every 15 mins (she wont listen to me)

Your friend states that her daughter is fine.

Your friend is checking her daughter every 15 minutes.

Your friend is not going to take your advice.

You gave your friend your opinion. Let it alone. The girl is your friend's daughter, not yours.

sbell02
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I would just make sure that the child didnt fall asleep within 2 hours of the accident and then check on her every 30 mins while asleep. When she wakes up I would make sure she does not exhibit any change in her behavior. This information does not replace your own gut feelings as the mother or friend. I have just had a few incidents where my son growing up has hurt his head bad. On falling of the edge of a bed and hitting the hardwood floor head first at 6 months old. Its really just personal opinion. The next time he hurt his head bad it was bleeding a bit so I took him to the hospital turned out he needed stitches but head trauma wise he was ok with not symptoms of concusion. 

kirbyland10
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:49 AM

i know that... but you dont stop worrying even though shes not your child.

and i left it up to hr before you said that... but gonna message her in a bit to ask if shes ok

Quoting nuts4scouts:

Quoting kirbyland10:

Your friend states that her daughter is fine.

Your friend is checking her daughter every 15 minutes.

Your friend is not going to take your advice.

You gave your friend your opinion. Let it alone. The girl is your friend's daughter, not yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)