Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Apartment hunt not going so well but...........

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

I found a 4bdrm, 2bath, 2,951sqft house for under $27,000. It was built in 1930 but has since been updated the only problem with the entire house is this

^^^^^^^ Any ideas how much this would cost to get fixed?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get a home inspection first. That is just the top layer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Make sure you get an inspection.

It's hard to tell, is that just the ceiling or is that from water damage. Water damage, it's not going to be an easy fix.

For that price you can be getting a great deal or you can be buying a money pit.

Does it have all the pluming and furnace still? How old is the roof? Still have all the pieces to the well (if it has a well) Those are the big $ ones that you have to watch for. Whats the condition of the rest of the house?

bbyblueAK
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM
It has modern plumbing. No well. From what I've seen of the kitchen it looks to be where some cabinets used to be and they took out. As for the roof Idk. The rest of the house is in great condition except the carpet in one room which is an easy fix

Quoting snowangel1979:

Make sure you get an inspection.

It's hard to tell, is that just the ceiling or is that from water damage. Water damage, it's not going to be an easy fix.

For that price you can be getting a great deal or you can be buying a money pit.

Does it have all the pluming and furnace still? How old is the roof? Still have all the pieces to the well (if it has a well) Those are the big $ ones that you have to watch for. Whats the condition of the rest of the house?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM
i would say you need an inspector, make sure its not water damage and make sure you find anything else wrong with the place!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by Canadian on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I agree get an inspector.

3lilmonsters88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Get it inspected. The ceiling looks like possible water damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM

It's water damage, get 3 estimates from lisensed contractors, and then you'll know. You may not be able to get a mortgage until it's corrected. Sure sounds like a great deal otherwise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)