Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Not sure if i did the right thing... need some help please

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:57 AM
  • 16 Replies

ok i have a son who is 15. he is a good person but has made some stupid choices. any ways he got kicked out of schoo. he went to rehab. got involed with a older man (lot older) who become the center of his world. so i said no more after a year of fighting wih him so i sent him to stay with his uncal in a differnt state. well he called me tonight and was like i can never pull away from SC (the older man). did i do the right thing by sending him to a family members home?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM
How old is older? In MI you can't give consent until 16 and from 17 there's a 5yr age limit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Quoting lilmama8408:

How old is older? In MI you can't give consent until 16 and from 17 there's a 5yr age limit.

This.   You could probably press charges if you want against the older male especially if he was providing drugs, narcotics or alcohol to a minor.

bmom2
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:10 AM

the older man is 36.  but my son will lie for him

bellawomen
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I guess I would need to know what was going on between this older man and your son.

How is this older man and your son still able to contact each other? Does his uncle know he is in contact with this man again? Is this man able to physically contact your son or lure him away from his current home?

What legal routs have you taken to protect your son?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
As his parent you can press charges. And yes keep him far far far away. He's a pedifile. Get his ass in jail or at least a restraining order

Quoting bmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM

My bet is he has been with other teenagers as well .  You treat this the same as if it was a girl being sought after by an adult that is not appropriate.   I hope the uncle is able to keep him occupied with recovery and not seeking out attention in the wrong places.

Quoting lilmama8408:

As his parent you can press charges. And yes keep him far far far away. He's a pedifile. Get his ass in jail or at least a restraining order

Quoting bmom2:

bmom2
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:21 AM

this is what i no..... he was getting him gifts aka iPhone laptops ps3 games that kind of stuff. then out of the blue my son failed a drug test the next day i put him in rehab. he got out of rehab was told no more contact of any kind with him.. about 2 weeks ago i found out he was going behind my back and seeing him still. so i sent him 6 states away. well he had a different phone no one new about tell today and has been talking to him still... i talk to my son on the phone tonight and told no more and he told me he cant live without him..   as far as the police go if my son is not willing to talk than there is nothing they can do.  so any tips on how to handle this please.  also i have 4 other kids and not one of them are acting out like he is.

Angela6812
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Sending him to his uncle was the right thing to do, but checking him first would have been advisable considering all the items this older man purchased for him. It is time to have a discussion with your son about how this man is not healthy and needs help, and that you are there to make sure your son is safe and healthy. I find it hard to believe that the police will not do anything about a pedofile giving a minor drugs-I would try to contact the DA or a detective on the police force about looking into this sick man. I doubt your son is the first boy he has lured and will not be the last. The only way to get this sicko out of your family is to cut off ALL contact-your son cannont use the phone, computer or any electronics, and the man needs to be caught. Can you meet with this guy and try to get him to confess to you his love for your son? Or try to catch him with another boy-that will show your son what this man's true motives are. And record it so you can turn it into the police or DA, then the issue is done. Sorry, know it is scary to think about but I am a parent who would do Anything possible to keep my children safe. Pay that this works out and your son comes to realize what is really going on. 

UpSheRises
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

What were you hoping to accomplish by sending him there?

bmom2
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM

i was hopeing to cut off all contact between my son and him.  and giving my son a fresh start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN