Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Vomiting (CVS) -update in *red*

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 0 Replies

Ok so my DD vomits more than a normal child even if that child is sick. Now DD has vomited while she was sick but it was only like twice and that was year or so ago. But last year 2012 I started to notice she vomits like monthly and she's not sick, even when she was sick she didn't. Most of time she'd vomit at night in her sleep all with het saying her belly hurts. So after about the 5th time I took het to Dr. because its not normal. He said he could be alot of things that he wants to rule out some things that are non-invasive & before they do tests. So he said they are going to try treating her for acid reflux and put her on Prilosec. But while examining her he did ask questions and one was gallbladder I told him who in our family had problems with theirs. He did tell me they do see it in kids. Well December 20th she kept waking up in middle of night saying and crying her belly hurt so I told her to try go to bathroom if she has to vomit, also bucket by bed constantly, that its ok if vomit gets in bed, floor, etc. Well that morning she still kept saying belly hurt and then she vomited twice and.was.done and.felt fine afterwards. I think its her gallbladder, so Im curious as to see how her appointment goes today.

So took DD to follow up today and we discussed how she was doing and that she did vomit again. He thinks she has CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome) another word for it is Abdominal Migrane, I have never heard of either one of them. It's more and less DD getting headaches/migranes but when they do their stomach hurts first and vomit and while that happens they don't even notice that their head hurts. But I did mention the gallbladder to him and she is going to have a ultrasound done next friday, and whether that comes back negative or positive for something we'll still keep going. He said if it comes back positive then she'll see a pediatric surgeon, if its negative then they are going to do a hide scan. If the scan comes back negative then he will send her to a pediatric GI doctor. So that is where we are at today.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)