Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How to find a great OBGYN?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm pregnant for the first time and completely elated.  Does anyone have good advice on how to find a great OBGYN?  I know it makes sense to ask around, but I'm only a few weeks pregnant and don't want to tell my friends and family yet.

Thank you!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Congratulations, how exciting!  You can check with your family/regular doctor and as for referrals/recommendations.  You can also contact your insurance company to get referrals.

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I'd ask your family Dr who they recommend. I went to a new Dr when I 1st found out I was pregnant with my 1st and she recommended her OB. He is great.

Congrats!

piwife
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Idk I don't like ob.. I prefer midwives. What type of birth do you want? How involve do you want to be in YOUR birth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Google
Go on interviews
Make sure they are direct and that you are comfortable with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thePBandJmom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Have you considered a midwife?

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I can understand not wanting to tell people, but the best way to find an OB that has a great bedside manner is by talking with other moms and finding out whom they liked.  To find the best doctor, ask doctors in unrelated practices.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM

This sounds ideal, a GP that you like who liked her OB.

Quoting StacyO722:

I'd ask your family Dr who they recommend. I went to a new Dr when I 1st found out I was pregnant with my 1st and she recommended her OB. He is great.

Congrats!

kcangel63
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM
If you want an OB, I would find out their cesarean and induction rate, what percentage of their clients have unmediated natural births, if there is any issue going past 41+ weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)