Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm really stressed out. I just had a baby. Moved into a new home. I should be on top of the world. But on Christmas my guy checked his email and received his official orders for deployment. He deploys next month! I'm sure some of this is postpardom depression. But I'm super stressed over the deployment. My guy will be gone for almost 2 years. I want to enjoy the time we have as a family but I have a hard time not focusing on him leaving. I'm trying to be a strong army wife, I just don't know how. As I said we just moved and I don't have any friends close enough to talk to who would understand. I feel lost.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (21-22):
meliscool72
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Get as much information as possible, do you have any other children? there is a program that will help the other children adapt or have fun while he is gone. They put my 3 children in thai kwon do for free, they loved it very much. I don't remember the name of the program, but when you go to the yellow ribbon just ask one of the people there with information. 

Quoting skiesmomma:

thank you for your suggestions. i appriciate it. i dont think im depressed really i think its more stress than anything. i dont think i added that i had a c section not a natural birth. no we do not live on base we are off base and yeah he has army buddies and we have been trying to get to know them and their wives or girlfriends better. this weekend we are going to the yellow ribbon confrence to get more info on the groups that can help me and our family cope with deployment.

marisab
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM

how are things going now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured