Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

MILK stains! What's your solution?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

mmm So getting rid of milk stains... What have you  found that best gets rid of milk stains.. from breast and formula? Any other sugesting like baby vomit etc.. Feel free to through in as well.. Just trying to get as much info before the baby arrives :D

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Breastmilk doesn't stain... neither does spit-up from a breastfed baby.  

Breastfed baby poop does stain, but it's super easy to get out with sunning.   Just rinse and lay in the sun for several hours before washing... or, wash once, lay in the sun and then wash again.  

crafthag
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Dawn dish soap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I've never dealt with milk stains, bump!

bellaamore
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Bac out spray is what i use for all stains, but breastmilk doesnt stain.

mommyecr3
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I swear by "Shout"! It has gotten everything out for me - even clothes, furniture and minor carpet stains! Oh, even older/unnoticed for a while type stains. let certain articles set for a bit before washing machine to insure highest level of cleaning outcome. Good luck!

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

For whites I used bleach, for other things I had luck with shout or clorox 2.

LindaClement
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM

We had breastmilk stain a few things (a rayon skirt, for one...) Never did get that out.

I found that sun or freezing both removed poop stains, though --we line-dried clothes all year 'round, and in the winter even if there wasn't much sun, the diapers would bleach noticably.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Breastmilk doesn't stain... neither does spit-up from a breastfed baby.  

Breastfed baby poop does stain, but it's super easy to get out with sunning.   Just rinse and lay in the sun for several hours before washing... or, wash once, lay in the sun and then wash again.  

Lilred57
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Breastmilk definitely does stain. Honestly, when breastfeeding I wore cheap tanktops or shirts and just threw them out months later. I leaked though for a few months, and not every mom does.

We are not well off by any means, so when I say cheap I mean walmart brand clothes. I just very slowly bought new stuff. I did not realize that I'd leak that much or that it would stain.

Hopefully this isn't tmi just saying what worked for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fitbaby
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I heard the sunning quit a bit! glade to hear it's followed by the majority!  Trusting in shout :D. Thanks for the idea of using cheap or scrubby shirts for the process.. great idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)