Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vacationing in GA/TN/AL

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 18 Replies

Anyone in the GA/TN/AL area who have ideas about some fun family friendly ideas to do?

We live in W. Ga and are stumped as to what kind of family vacation to do this year.  Our son will be 1yr in July so we do NOT want to do the beach until next year.  We also have a 4yr daughter.

We did a stay-cation 2yrs ago and it was so fun, and may end up doing it again if we can't figure out something to do.  You can get an Atlanta pass and do 5 attractions for a great deal.  For the 3 of us we had a week of fun for less than $100!

THANKS!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hmmm maybe a childrens museum in one of the areas .  That would be fun for whole family.

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Yea, we have one of those, but it would be for one day or maybe just half.  We'd like something we could do for about 3-4days.  GREAT idea b/c we didn't get a chance to go there on our stay-cation.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hmmm maybe a childrens museum in one of the areas .  That would be fun for whole family.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Gatlinburg, TN, Chattanooga TN, Savannah GA,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Have you been to it yet?  I know ours could take 2-3 days to really explore each area and activity they have. If you have a local family magazine, look at that as well for family based events.

Quoting rHOPEb:

Yea, we have one of those, but it would be for one day or maybe just half.  We'd like something we could do for about 3-4days.  GREAT idea b/c we didn't get a chance to go there on our stay-cation.

Quoting frndlyfn:

KailesMommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Well I live in TN. We have 2 different zoos and we have 2 ripleys believe it or not. We have an aquarium. We also have a childrens science center. I think 2 of them. Or KY have Cave City and thats actually pretty fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaaytes
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Where in TN are you? We are close to Nashville! Jsut curious!

Quoting KailesMommy:

Well I live in TN. We have 2 different zoos and we have 2 ripleys believe it or not. We have an aquarium. We also have a childrens science center. I think 2 of them. Or KY have Cave City and thats actually pretty fun.

CafeMom Tickers
KailesMommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Im closer to the KY line. LOL I live in Clay County.

Quoting melissaaytes:

Where in TN are you? We are close to Nashville! Jsut curious!

Quoting KailesMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM

We have not been to the TN Zoo, but we do Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Knoxville, Chatanooga.......we are actually only a short drive from Chatanooga.

Never been to KY.  I'd LOVE to go to Bowlingreen (SP?)  and see the Corvette museum and such.

Quoting KailesMommy:

young-mommy10
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Savannah ga has a ton of stuff to do :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

im just north of atl  we always go to atl lol  we just got a legoland cant wait to go there this spring 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured