Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Vacationing in GA/TN/AL

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone in the GA/TN/AL area who have ideas about some fun family friendly ideas to do?

We live in W. Ga and are stumped as to what kind of family vacation to do this year.  Our son will be 1yr in July so we do NOT want to do the beach until next year.  We also have a 4yr daughter.

We did a stay-cation 2yrs ago and it was so fun, and may end up doing it again if we can't figure out something to do.  You can get an Atlanta pass and do 5 attractions for a great deal.  For the 3 of us we had a week of fun for less than $100!

THANKS!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-18):
merinasmommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
what part of tn i know lots of stuff in the nashville area and east tn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starmoonlight
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Gatlinburg, TN

You will not regret it. Almost everything is child friendly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
in gatlinburg/pidgeon forge there is wonder works the aquarium ripleys believe it or not titanic dixie stamped dolly wood a ton of gocart things and places to rent horses and go trail riding(ive taken dd trail riding on my horse since she was 5 months old she is 2 and rides alone now)it also depends on the time of year there is hiking camping that sort of thing....in knoxville there are a few places like the art museum the zoo worlds fair park a train ride but not really much fun if you ask me...oakridge has a science center that my dd loves chattanooga the aquarium in clinton there is a place thats called like the appalachan museum its fun depending when you go in scott/campbell county(not sure of the cities) they have big south fork which is good for camping and hiking.fall creek falls is BEAUTIFUL if you like hiking places around nashville the zoo(of course) belle meade the hermatage(andrew jacksons plantation) the parthanon hmmmmm this is all i can think of right now.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I go to Gatlinburg, TN every year with my husband.  We camp or stay in a hotel.  The Smoky Mountain National Park is great to camp at, and hike.  There are plenty of free/cheap things to do in that area.  Highly recommend.

Mandi812
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
There is a safari park in Georgia near the botanical gardens, you ride through in a jeep and can feed the animals. I had a giraffe lick me!

Ruby falls, and the aquarium in ATL,Ga or Chattanooga, TN

LoveMommyhood12
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If you haven't been to the "mountains" of North Georgia, that might be something to do. There are several lakes up there (Lake Chatuge is my fave).  You can rent a cabin or take a camper/tent up and spend some time at the lake.  Usually you can rent a boat, jet ski, etc. if you want to.  I know my LO, as well as my niece, just love being able to walk down to the water, see the geese/ducks/fish, etc.

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Nashville is one area we have not been to.

We have done Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Knoxville, Chatanooga, etc......we LOVE the TN area!

Quoting merinasmommy:

merinasmommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
i listed a few places above mostly if you like history.they have a water park opry land resort(i love that place but its expensive) and the grand ol opry

Quoting rHOPEb:

Nashville is one area we have not been to.

We have done Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Knoxville, Chatanooga, etc......we LOVE the TN area!

Quoting merinasmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)