Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
Hello, I'm a first timer to anything like this, but I thought it could help make sense of some issues I have with my son, and who better to ask, then other moms!!!!
I have an 17 month old, amazing son whom I've been fortunate enough to stay home with his entire life since recently. I started a day job part time and he goes to daycare. Its been about a month now and the place is great, they love my son, he seems to like it, and most important I finally found someone I trust to leave my son with!!! Anywho, when he gets home from day care or any other time I leave him for long periods of time, he wants nothing to do with me, like he's punishing me for leaving him for so long!!!
Has anyone else had this problem!??????
All I wanna do is hug and kids him when I see him, so it breaks my heart that it takes him a little bit to wanna do the same!!
The kid gets more love than you can imagine, so i m really trying NOT to take this personal, any thoughts??? :-)
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-12):
BrodiesMom23
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Thanks ladies, Appreciate all the responses! I guess I failed to mention that I drop him off and daddy picks him up! So I'm the bad guy leaving him, and daddy the savior! Hahaha

Oh and sabrtooth1, it's never a "problem" when a mother wants to hug and kiss their child when the see them! Wrong choice of words!!!! Appreciate your comment though!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BettyBoop0124
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I know this is a hard road for you to go down. Everyone that my son does not see regular he acts so good and well behaved for them. However when he gets home no matter what he has to act out. Last night my sister came and got my son and he was a angel for her, He even pooped in the potty for her however when they went to Monkey Joe's which is bouncing things for kids indoors. After 4 hours she was ready to go and he started to whine and fuss. My sister told him she would not deal with this and he told her he wanted to come home and not spend the rest of the weekend with her. When he got home he was whining and fussy because we refused to give hime his way. We just told him he was to  big to act that way and when he got home we sent him to bed. He may be mad at me and tells me he hates me. Sometime tuff love is the hardest however the best. I would suggest you tell him that if he wants to act this way okay you do the same thing back to him when he wants you to pay attention to him, even if it is only 5 minutes. Show him what he is doing to you can also be turned around on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN