Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Toddler Bed Time??

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi!! I need a little help here..

I have a two year old who loves his crib, he'll play in it with his toys or just hold on to the side and jump, as long as he isn't going to bed he's fine. He won't, for some reason, sleep in his crib anymore. I put him in there when he falls asleep and he wakes a up a few hours, if that, later and will not go back in there.

He use to sleep in his crib through the night when he was younger, I just don't understand what has changed, is it time for a toddler bed? And if not what age do you put them in a toddler bed, are two year olds to old for a crib?

Most of the time he ends up in my bed and I wake up with toes up my nose, fingers tangled in my hair, a foot in my rib cage and he hogs the bed!! (The kid moves around alot) I love him to death but he has his own bed, his own room, why won't he sleep in it?? Help?? Any advice??

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM

my dd turned 2 in nov and she is in a toddler bed. is his crib one that converts? i would go ahead and try a toddler bed for him

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I personally, think toddler beds are a waste of money. We put all our kids directly into a twin mattress set, we just kept it on the floor until they were older.

My DD was 17 months when we moved her out of her crib because she was getting stuck in the bars.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:50 AM

We skipped the toddler bed cause they grow out of them so fast.
We got a nice bedroom set with a twin bed and a side rail that will grow with him and he feels like a big boy.
We moved both our boys out of the crib at 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella14308
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:59 AM
My dd has hated her crib since she was born. so when she turned 9 months i converted it to a toddler bed and pushed it up against my bed. At 15 months i moved it across the room. she loves it. she is 21 months now. she doesnt sleep in it all night but i put her in it once shes asleep and she stays there til about 4am. im getting ready to start putting her to bed in it.

I think switching him out of the crib may be the best bet. but be ready for fights about going to bed in it... I suggest a step at a time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I think 2 years old is a good age to transition out of the crib. Good luck mama.

swthrt737
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I think try a toddler bed bse he might be in love with it than a crib.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I personally, think toddler beds are a waste of money. We put all our kids directly into a twin mattress set, we just kept it on the floor until they were older.

My DD was 17 months when we moved her out of her crib because she was getting stuck in the bars.

CafeMom Tickers
sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I think it's time for a toddler bed or a twin bed with a rail.  2 year old is a good age to switch.

cadeandchloe22
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I also skipped the toddler bed stage and put my son right into a single bed,he loves it and thinks he is big boy now just like his cousins
MamaDee2Bee
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM

if the crib is one that converts to a toddler bed i'd go ahead and put him in it...see how he does..he might actually like that...just tell him he has a big boy bed just like you have a big girl bed...make it fun for him to sleep in his own bed....if you have to go to the $store and get little toys and give him one everyday that he sleeps in his bed....GOOD LUCK!! :)

EskimoKisses4Me
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Thank you everyone!!

Yes, his crib converts to a toddler bed and we will be trying it out, if not tonight then tomorrow night.. Again, thanks so much!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)