Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

toddler showing aptitude?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
Our 22 month old loves:

To dance
To do somersaults

And to play soccer - I have no clue where he learned that!

Is it possible for a not even 2 year old to show aptitude? DS is all about motor skills etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Boys develop their motor skills first. I think that all kids can show an aptitude for things but I wouldn't force it, just continue to encourage him. Maybe put him in a gymnastic class.

IntactivistMama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I suggested gymnastics to dh but he seemed to pooh pooh that idea. :/ dh suggested martial arts, instead.

DS is all about motor skills and physical things. He figured out how to play the next Sesame Street with the wii mote. :O

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Boys develop their motor skills first. I think that all kids can show an aptitude for things but I wouldn't force it, just continue to encourage him. Maybe put him in a gymnastic class.

LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 yr old tries to break dance/rap and his personality I honestly feel he can be a child star but his dad pays me no mind about persuing him.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I am always amazed at what kids can learn to do. LOL. I don't know how young they start martial arts but could be good for him too. I would also suggest swimming lessons too. =D

Quoting IntactivistMama:

I suggested gymnastics to dh but he seemed to pooh pooh that idea. :/ dh suggested martial arts, instead.

DS is all about motor skills and physical things. He figured out how to play the next Sesame Street with the wii mote. :O

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

IntactivistMama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM
He was in swimming lessons as an infant and did very well. Should do it again, soon. I love water but DH does not (he prefers running and cycling.)

It is fascinating watching them develop, isn't it?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I am always amazed at what kids can learn to do. LOL. I don't know how young they start martial arts but could be good for him too. I would also suggest swimming lessons too. =D

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved that stage in their lives because everything is new and exciting. It really re-introduces you to the world and just how amazing it really is!!

Quoting IntactivistMama:

He was in swimming lessons as an infant and did very well. Should do it again, soon. I love water but DH does not (he prefers running and cycling.)

It is fascinating watching them develop, isn't it?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I would continue to encourage him so long as he enjoys doing it.  Boys develop their motor skills first.  Like another poster said, maybe enroll him in a gymnastics class or even find a soccer program.  By me, they have them for kids as young as 2 years old.

IntactivistMama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I will look into that, thanks. The martial arts place isn't until 4
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)