Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help my daughter has not seen her dad in two years and she is 3

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 2 Replies

ok this is a big issue in my house at the momnet my daughters dad has seen her twice in her life and she is three years old i am engaged and have been for 3 and half years now we have been putting it off because we want to change my daughters name to my fianices because we have another kids and really didnt want her to have anything to do with her real dad he does not have a good track record now u might be asking whats bad about this heres the twist he now her real dad wants to be involed in her life on a consten basics now i have gaven him many chances to do so and he always turned it down so i choose to give him this last chance hoping he would just sign his rights away of couse thats not gonna happen now im making him jump throught hoops to see if he even really wants to see her of if its something his fiance is making him do i forgot to say that part he is engaged also to a women that has 5 kids of her own that are from a previouse marrige so part me thought that was the reason why he wanted to see her but after talking to him it seems that he really does but i dont now how i could just let her see him nowing that he might just get up a leave her and then me and my fiance have to pick up the pecaise she nows my fiance as dad and doesnt now the other guys at all pretty much its really hurting my fiance so not sure what i should do to make everyone happy is that impossable?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I think all you can do is take the chance, for your daughter's sake, that he may really want to see her. If not, if he does the same ol thing, then you know it was all a show and he doesn't really care as he should. If that happens, you'll be there for her, just like you always are, to love her more than enough for the both of you.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

You have to give him the opportunity to be in his daughters life for her sake. If he proves to not be interested in a relationship with his daughter, THEN you can explore your options. Most importantly is that you continue to provide your daughter with stability and all the love in your heart. Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured