Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Advice on child

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ok, so this is the second time my 9 year old put ramen in the microwave and didn't put water in the ramen. Is there any advice on how to show her you HAVE to make sure you do this correct or the house will burn down! Or should I just not let her into the microwave period?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

My 9 yo doesn't have need of using the m'wave.  My older kids did when they were that age.  My oldest put mac and cheese in the m'wave for 15 min or something and caught the food on fire in the m'wave.  It scared her out of using the m'wave but I taughter to be careful about reading the directions and check back and forth to make sure she's doing it right.

I would put a note on the m'wave (with pictures as decorations, not picture instructions, I find that insulting) about putting water with it. :)  Step by step is what I would do.

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

WONDERFUL IDEA!

Quoting MrsJoe125:

My 9 yo doesn't have need of using the m'wave.  My older kids did when they were that age.  My oldest put mac and cheese in the m'wave for 15 min or something and caught the food on fire in the m'wave.  It scared her out of using the m'wave but I taughter to be careful about reading the directions and check back and forth to make sure she's doing it right.

I would put a note on the m'wave (with pictures as decorations, not picture instructions, I find that insulting) about putting water with it. :)  Step by step is what I would do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN