Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Baby gender

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 3 Replies
Does anyone knw symptoms of like your having a girl or boy? Ive heard if yu have morning sickness tht its a girl ive also heard tht if yu have heartburn then the baby is gonna have a head full of head!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:54 AM

i've always heard that if the babys heartbeat is high,its a girl..lower its a boy..

my babys heartbeat was always around 145..i had a girl

cajun_lady_swla
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM
There's no scientifically-backed method to determine the gender, save for an ultrasound. I have 2 boys and endured morning sickness and heartburn with both of them. Both of them had heart rates that hovered around 160bpm. They each carried differently, my belly "shape" was different both times, and I craved different foods with each of them.
There is one you can do for fun that I have yet to see be wrong, but remember that it's noooo guarantee.
Stick a threaded needle into the middle of an eraser on a sharpened #2 pencil and have somebody suspend it over your wrist (about 1/2" or so above) on a solid surface like a table. It'll start to spin in a tight circle back and forth and then it will swing. If it goes back and forth in a straight line, it's a boy.... If it makes a circle it's a girl. But here's the catch.... It will tell you EVERY baby you're going to have, in birth order. It also includes miscarriages and terminations into the order (kinda creepy, right?)
If you're gonna have more than one the pencil will return to center and do the first style of spin again before swinging for the next baby. You'll know it's finished when it does the spin for a long stretch (like ten seconds or so), and then it will start the sequence all over again.
Like I said, this one is just for fun, but I have yet to see it get somebody wrong... Lol. Oh and if you try it on a boy it will just twist back and forth and act all crazy. :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:51 AM

It was true for me... on both counts!   But, they're wives tales for a reason... sometimes they're bound to be true.  

I think the body does have a different reaction to opposite genders... I exprienced it, but it can go either way.   I happended to have no morning sickness with my boys and had it with my girl... but it could go opposite.   For me, my boys pregnancies were similar and my girl was different. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN