Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hi everyone I'm new here

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi all i'm new here and i'm excited about joining this group!! I have a question has anybody had any problems with bed time my 2 and half yr old gives me such a hard time going to bed!! i have to admit i am part of the problem she is adopted and i always snuggled her at bedtime to form a bond when she was a baby, and when i went back to work because i missed her all day and now all she wants to do is cuddle on the couch at bedtime and then falls asleep on the couch and it's the only way she will fall asleep!! the doc told me to put her in her room and let her cry it out, but she starts gaging and won't stay in her room! HELP!!!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Hi! Welcome to the group! You just have to keep putting her in her room and be consistent. Good luck.

Sheasmommy123
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Thank you!! We have been doing that, just hate the screaming breaks my heart!!

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Welcome to the group!  I think you need to start a new routine, and it'll take a little time, but she'll catch on and it'll get easier.

JB1213
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Sounds a little like you just need to give some more time and tons of patientence lol. Good luck.

Jordon D. Boyd

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Welcome!  I second the being consistent and keep putting her in her room. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

arango
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Hi ... &welcome ...I'm new here too.
I would def. go with the advice already given.
And actually I myself would probably just keep the norm and snuggle her in her bed till she fell asleep like when baby.... I mean shes only two1/2. An extra 15min. of good snuggle love is worth it to me. and really I dont see the prob.just pick her up and lay her in her bed when shes finally sleep. whats the rush or so important that it bothers you? There will be more than pleanty of times when shes older that she dosent want you to bother her... :) believe me mines 19 now and boy sometimes I wish we had those extra 15min. of snuggle love.... she just misses and loves you. Good luck mommy :0)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM

You will just have to let her cry it out she will get use to it. Let her fall asleep around you and you put her and bed and see what you have then.

piwife
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Have you establish a routine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheasmommy123
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'm sorry if it semmed like i was bothered by having to cuddle my sweet little girl not the issue at all!! She was a great sleeper with an amazing routine but since the big girl bed and my father in laws passing she won't fall asleep in her own bed! I was more worried especially since we get up to go to school and work at 5:45am and she is not falling alseep until 9 or 9:30 at night and she is exhausted and i know that growing children need sleep to grow!! Again thank you for the advice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)