Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Sleeping...

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
My baby bed shares and she is now 6 months old my husband wants her out of our bed. How do I do that with out cry it out and how long dies it usually take till she will be sleeping in her own bed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't co-sleep so I'm no expert but I would start by letting her fall asleep in your bed and moving her to her crib or a pack n' play next to your bed.  It will probably take some practice doing that without waking her.  After a while she'll get used to waking up in her own bed and when she does you can work on getting her to fall asleep in her own bed. 

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Just put her to sleep and put her in her crib... when she wakes up, repeat.   It may mean YOU don't get any sleep... Or, make hubby get up with her and I bet he'll change his tune real quick like (mine did!).

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Start with naps and work to night time. Take a week or more for the transition. So much better to start from day one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamoore83
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Haha yeah I'll have him do it some of the night

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Just put her to sleep and put her in her crib... when she wakes up, repeat.   It may mean YOU don't get any sleep... Or, make hubby get up with her and I bet he'll change his tune real quick like (mine did!).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamoore83
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Yeah I didn't mean to bed share with her but from the beginning she wouldn't sleep anywhere but in my arms when I would put her down she would wake up crying every 15-35 minutes in the dot. That's why I'm afraid to try again.

Quoting atlmom2:

Start with naps and work to night time. Take a week or more for the transition. So much better to start from day one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RetiredUSAFWife
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:49 PM

That is a NO NO from the beginning. If you'd put her awake in her own bed from the start, you wouldn't have had the problem now. Same thing with rocking children to sleep at nap and bedtime. That is a definate NO NO if you want a good nights sleep. You can rock your children at any other time, but NEVER at nap or bedtime. Otherwise you'll have to do it every day from then on. (The one exception to the rule is if your child is sick).
Always lay your child down awake in her own bed. She will soon learn that when she's in there, it's time to nap or go to bed for the night. Sometimes children will cry when they are put to bed. My first son, at birth, slept through the night really well. once he was awake a little more during the day though, we put him down in his crib, at the same time each night. The first night he cried for about fifteen minutes. The next night it was ten, and the next five minutes. From then on in, he slept through the night every night and we never had a problem with any of our other children sleeping either. You've got to train the child, don't let them train you. Give plenty of love and cuddles while the child is awake during the day. Let her lie on the floor with toys around her, keep her awake during the day, except for at least one nap of about one to three hours. Wake her up by no later than three in the afternoon, and you can then put her back to bed by no later than seven. Our children stayed asleep for up to twelve hours from a very young age, and I mean from birth.

Good luck with your little girl. I bet she is so precious.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I would start with nap time.  We co sleep because it is easier with breastfeeding.  We always start with nap time and work toward night time.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

datwins
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

give her a bear to  sleep with her and if she cryed let her dont talk to her if you go in and i think by night 3 she should b fine i put white christmas lites in my kids room as a night lite it looks so cute.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

It usually takes about 3 nights, you can go in and talk with her for a minute, but don't pick her up! If you have a wind-up music toy she can listen to and a paci or bottle of water that's good. Just keep the same routine, so she knows that when mommy puts her to bed she may as well go to sleep :)

ANSLUASI
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you put her crib next to your bed? If so, do it and move her to the crib. Then progress to moving the crib farther away each night, finally moving to her own new sleep space, either farther away in your room or to her own room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN