Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

toutchy advise needed about exposure to a child

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hi my name is Aubrey I have my daughter 4 and son 3. we recently had my ex not my kids dad expose himself to my daughter while I was at work. and when she told me i took her to the cops and had him thrown in jail its been 6 months but we lost our apartment/job and had to move towns to live with my mom and lost my grandpa who was very close with my kids so lots of changesin a small time sence this happend in a 2 month period  but he had 1 month in jail and 10 years supervised probation and a restraning order from us so no contact with him at all . but my daughter sometimes will mention him and what he did but she doesnt understand it was bad and i havent talked to her about it when she says something should i keep brushing it off or address it and tell her something. iv talked with her preschool teacher and she doesnt want to talk about it at all so im not sure what to do any advise?????????

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Be honest that no boy should show their privates to little girls. Explain her seeing mommy getting dressed is different or her little brother is different but explain why it is different.

Tell her that she was a good girl for telling you and he is bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM
What exactly did he do?
I mean. ... my kids are 5 and under and have seen both of naked

Did he want her to touch it or something?
I need more information before I can give advice
Lizzys_mommy13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

You need to sit down and talk with her about what happened and why it was bad. 

katehaydensmom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM

he was masterbating and told her it was a sucker for a pocket im not sure 100% of what happened i know the copes said he confessed to this but its hard not knowing because she doesnt know it was wrong to tell me if more happened but this much came out

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Address it.  If she is asking, she needs to know.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

o0gone0o
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 4 when my moms ex exposed himself and made me touch him. I spoke with a child psych. about it and also with a school child psych for the first few years of elementary school. Where are you at county and state should be enough for me to get you some contact info for free victim support services for her.  It will help to get all the info out there of what happened as well as the resources to help you heal  and for her to understand to never let anyone do such things again.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I told my kids from the time they were old enough to understand that we don't show the parts of our bodies that are covered up with swim suits.  I think a 4 yr old is old enough to understand an adult doesn't show a kid his privates.

sophiesister2
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Oh jeez...idk..heres a bump for ya
katehaydensmom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

thank you im in arizona

AMDS0304
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM

This because if she doesn't think it's wrong then she may not tell you if she's actually abused.

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Be honest that no boy should show their privates to little girls. Explain her seeing mommy getting dressed is different or her little brother is different but explain why it is different.

Tell her that she was a good girl for telling you and he is bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)