Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Baby Shaking

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

So when I feed my 10 month old dd baby food, she sometimes starts shaking uncontrallably, only last for a min or two, i dont know if its cuz she excited or she may have neurological problem? I am not sure what to make out of it, and she doesn't choke on the baby food that she eating (she only eating stage 2), so any advice or if i should talk to her pedi on monday, what do you all think?

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeepOnWalking
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I'd ask her doctor...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Definitely talk to the doctor .  Is it a full body convulsion where joints get stiff or just waving her arms and legs around?

stephwordelman1
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM

her body doesn't get stiff, its more of i think what you said about waving arms legs around as the rest of her body shakes too, but never stiff that i have noticed

Quoting frndlyfn:

Definitely talk to the doctor .  Is it a full body convulsion where joints get stiff or just waving her arms and legs around?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Waving arms/legs tends to make the torso shake as well.  Try it for yourself.   Still talk to her doctor though about any concerns.

Quoting stephwordelman1:

her body doesn't get stiff, its more of i think what you said about waving arms legs around as the rest of her body shakes too, but never stiff that i have noticed

Quoting frndlyfn:

GrammaJane46
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Take some food along and feed her with the doctor watching.

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Check with your doctor. It could be a seizure. I worked with kids and some seizures are not the full on the ground shaking. One kid just nodded his head when he had a seizure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
My 8 th moth old gets excited( she eats regular table food since about 6 mts). Does it only happen during feeding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephwordelman1
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

thank you, will call her dr on monday :)

Quoting Quinn525:

Check with your doctor. It could be a seizure. I worked with kids and some seizures are not the full on the ground shaking. One kid just nodded his head when he had a seizure.

stephwordelman1
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM

there has only been like 2 times without feeding her baby food that she has shooked like that, but most of the time when im feeding her baby food.

Quoting piwife:

My 8 th moth old gets excited( she eats regular table food since about 6 mts). Does it only happen during feeding?

DaniandTom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Ask her doctor. It's probably nothing more than her getting exc9ited about eating but you definitely want to know for sure! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN