Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is 9 to Young for braces.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-13):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM

personally, i would wait til 12-13..

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I will and thank you for your opinion. I agree with you all the way. I will make sure to contact the ortho and ask a lot of questions. I love the ortho we have so no issues there. I really appreciate you telling me all that stuff.

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Will do. I'm just afraid she's not responsible enough to take care of them. Plus the retainer. Would a year really hurt.

No retainer at this point.  A retainer is only placed AFTER intervention is complete, in order to give the bone time to harden sufficiently around the moved teeth.  And many orthos these days cement the retainer in, so no worries about not using it, or losing it.  As for not taking care--my kids did NOT have braces, and I still had to frequently brush them myself, until they were 11 or 12.  Even after that, I still had to check that they were doing a decent job.  At least half of the kids I see, need parental help.  They ALSO often need parental help with OTHER hygiene matters.  YOU get used to it, but WE  smell stinky kids.

Edited to add: You can always get a second opinion from another PROFESSIONAL.  But don't make your decision based on money, or convience.  Make it based on what is best for your child.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Emiliush
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM

yes. VERY!!! plus hes probably not going to keep up with the rotainer, and then his teeth will jack up again. do it when he can take care a bit more of himself and understands how much it cost and why he needs to care after the braces!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured