Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Bruising?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a question. I plan to see the doctor this week. It's wierd the last 2 weeks, random bruises are showing up on my legs. Big nasty bruises, like I slammed into something or was beat. Except I've not done or had anything done to me that would cause these bruises? What could cause this? 

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaniandTom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

No clue. Make sure you talk to your doctor about it. Are you taking aspirin or anything like that? Anything that thins the blood? I take an aspirin a day but often have to cut back to one every two days simply because I will have random bruising. 

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I plan to. But no I don't take aspirin ever and no blood thinners. 

Quoting DaniandTom:

No clue. Make sure you talk to your doctor about it. Are you taking aspirin or anything like that? Anything that thins the blood? I take an aspirin a day but often have to cut back to one every two days simply because I will have random bruising. 

DaniandTom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM

What about vitamins. Vitamin K also acts as a blood thinner. If you're eating a lot of herbs, green leafy vegetables, broccoli...things like that those are high in vitamin K. You may be highly sensitive to it. Magnesium, vitamin E also contribute to thinning the blood--which of course is important in regulating body temperature and preventing clots. Google "Vitamins that act as blood thinners" and see if anything strikes you. Hope that helped...

Quoting Nicholy10:

Quoting DaniandTom:

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I do not take vitamins and do not eat enough herbs/leafy greens/broccoli if anything.

Quoting DaniandTom:

What about vitamins. Vitamin K also acts as a blood thinner. If you're eating a lot of herbs, green leafy vegetables, broccoli...things like that those are high in vitamin K. You may be highly sensitive to it. Magnesium, vitamin E also contribute to thinning the blood--which of course is important in regulating body temperature and preventing clots. Google "Vitamins that act as blood thinners" and see if anything strikes you. Hope that helped...

Quoting Nicholy10:

Quoting DaniandTom:

larschick
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I bruise extremely easy, & I even have bruises I can't explain. BUT I have a form of female hemophilia :(.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Anemia

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM

my mom bruises easily too..dont know what causes it tho.

mlkmom03
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Have you been more tired lately? It could be anemia. Hope you get some answers!

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I have fibromyalgia so that's hard to say.

Quoting mlkmom03:

Have you been more tired lately? It could be anemia. Hope you get some answers!

yperez0209
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you might be anemic. This is something that ultimately your doctor is the only one that can give you a clear answer. Good luck

* maybe one of the meds. your on for the fibro.?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)