Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Best advice?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 1 Replies

I just posted this in another group then realized there's a whole group for advice!  During pregnancy and throughout child rearing, I know we've all gotten plenty of advice!  What's some that's actually been helpful for you?  About anything...pregnancy, labor/delivery, newborns, discipline, anything!

I'll start: A friend told me to take photos of the 3-piece outfits we got at our baby shower.  Once they get mixed together in the laundry it's hard to remember what went with what!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Bieg9093
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Save large paintings between the mattress and the bedspring.

Sort holiday art by holiday, not by which child made it.  Then decorate for each holiday every year with these projects.  If each child had the same teacher and made the same art projects, hang them together.

Reheat pizza in a frying pan on the stovetop over medium heat.  Cheese gets melty and bottom gets crispy.

It's often unreasonable/inconvenient to have a full-blown clean up before going out or before bed.  So use a timer and have a 5 minute tidy.  Or (especially good for playdates) ask every kid to pick up 10 or 20 toys.

And my kids will try any food anytime anywhere because when they were little, I always forced a small taste of new foods.  If they didn't like it they could say no thank you to a second taste.  But if they didn't want to taste the first bite, I shoved it in their little mouths anyway.  As often as not, they liked it (maybe because, as often as not, it was a dessert.)  But even if I gave them something they didn't like, they learned that I was never going to give them anything truly awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN