Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She posting my kids pixs on FB

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there anything that i do, there this person posting pictures of my kids on her FB. I have asked her over & over again to take them down since Aug, & all she did was block me, then later all deleted her page.

Every now & then Facebook send me an email, asking if i know a "list" of people and as i was looking at it i see my 5 years picture.

She is not using my 5 year daughter as her head pic and another pic of both of my daughter as her "cover" picture. Anyone in the world can see these pictures now.

I again had sent an email asking to have them removed. Onces again she blocks me.

i have my friend log on and sure enough there still up. I report it to FB again and still havent gotten anything back from them.

Is there anything i can do? I dont even post pictures of my kids on FB.

How can i get them taken off?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
MornmyOfOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Yes, i get that she is her aunt by birth, but my other daughter is also in the picture.

The point is i dont want my kids picture all over FB, i dont even let my family post picture so why should i let some one else?

i  feel as i should  have the right to say who can and can not post pictures of my underage kids, no matter if there blood, family or friends.

And just b/c my daughter is adopted does not mean that, the birth family can come take any picture they want and post it for the world to see.

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

I know it is without your permission.. But let me play devils advocate here..

What is it hurting?

This little girl is her BIOLOGICAL NEICE! 

Why is it a problem if she in love.. wants to show off how beautiful..loved or awesome a child she is?

It isn't like she is some freaky stalker.. She is the childs aunt. She had no say in any of this.. and loves that girl..

My sister allowed my neice to be adopted.. We never saw her.. She was born in the hospital.. and the adoptive parents took her.. Still to this day.. I wonder.. What is that girl like.. If I had a chance.. to see a picture.. I would want it.. Love is more than just papers.. Blood has something to do with it too..

I love my sister for not having an abortion.. I hate the idea of abortion.. I love that she knew her limits and was responsible.. She made some family's dreams come true.. BUT.. I miss my niece.. In my heart.. I know I will probably never know that girl.. But in my heart.. I AM HER AUNT.. AND I LOVE HER..

trublonde130
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Do you know where she lives? I live in VA as well. You can probably have a cease and desist placed against her.

Quoting MornmyOfOne:

My FB is already private (family only) and non searchable, she got them off a friends page. My friend had already taken them down back in Aug when i found out. How ever the lady had already copyed & save it to her computer and is now posting them on FB again.

We just called the police in Va, and they said its a FB matter & there nothing they can do.

FB has emailed me back since Aug. i send many email since then too.

Quoting onethought:

This happened to my friend. The police got involved. And now you need to make your entire Facebook private and non searchable

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Quoting MornmyOfOne:

My FB is already private (family only) and non searchable, she got them off a friends page. My friend had already taken them down back in Aug when i found out. How ever the lady had already copyed & save it to her computer and is now posting them on FB again.

We just called the police in Va, and they said its a FB matter & there nothing they can do.

Quoting onethought:

This happened to my friend. The police got involved. And now you need to make your entire Facebook private and non searchable

This is what happens when you post photos on a social media site. 

While you have control over YOUR privacy settings, others, who you allow to access your photos, have their own. You have no control over what they do with, or who they allow to see, your photos.

Once something is out there on a public site like Facebook it can never truly be deleted.

As long as the photos are appropriate, there is very little you, or Facebook,  can do to get her to stop posting them.

By making those photos available to other people you basically gave her, and anyone else who has had access to the photos at any time,  the right to use them.

MornmyOfOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I didnt post them, a friends posted them on her page from her sons party. Then she the (birth-aunt) then took them all my friends page. I didnt even know they where up untill the birth mom message me a long letter about how the birth family wasnt suppose to have pixs.

And yes, i`m starting to see that nothing really can be done about it.....

Quoting nuts4scouts:

Quoting MornmyOfOne:

Quoting onethought:

This is what happens when you post photos on a social media site. 

While you have control over YOUR privacy settings, others, who you allow to access your photos, have their own. You have no control over what they do with, or who they allow to see, your photos.

Once something is out there on a public site like Facebook it can never truly be deleted.

As long as the photos are appropriate, there is very little you, or Facebook,  can do to get her to stop posting them.

By making those photos available to other people you basically gave her, and anyone else who has had access to the photos at any time,  the right to use them.

MornmyOfOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM

No, i just know where about.

Quoting trublonde130:

Do you know where she lives? I live in VA as well. You can probably have a cease and desist placed against her.

Quoting MornmyOfOne:

Quoting onethought:

Chelsey191
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
You shouldn't let people take pics of your kids if its so concerning to you. Once the pics are on the web it is next to impossible to eradicate them. Your friend posted them, she got them from that friend who knows who else has them now. If it was me I would call the specific person and tell them over the phone to remove them please and to delete them because you will be reporting it. I would then contact the police and tell them she is stalking your kids and I would contact a lawyer and have them contact facebook. Its going to be difficult to fix it and you will have to decide if its worth contacting a lawyer over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Quoting MornmyOfOne:

I didnt post them, a friends posted them on her page from her sons party. Then she the (birth-aunt) then took them all my friends page. I didnt even know they where up untill the birth mom message me a long letter about how the birth family wasnt suppose to have pixs.

I am a bit curious as to how the aunt knew the picture was of her neice.

Also, why was the birth mom so upset that the aunt had a picture?

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:04 AM

i would just keep trying to contact facebook. 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Ick ick fb. Gl.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Donya90
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM

contact facebook

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured