Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 3 yr old kicked me in the face

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM
  • 36 Replies
What would you have done? I spanked him once then put him in his room. I feel AWFUL that i spanked him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Three minutes in time out, an apology and from me, an explanation on why that's wrong.

Now I'd apologise for hitting him which is, IMO, always wrong and promise to do better. I'd also have him promise to do better and apologise.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Was it on purpose?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Yes. I had him laying on the floor so I could clean him up. He pooped his pants. He wanted to keep playing and didnt want to lay down. So he kicked me straight in the mouth.

Quoting crwspringer:

Was it on purpose?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
5 moms liked this
I would have spanked him too. My dd is three and if she ever purposely kicked me in the face she would get spanked and be grounded. No tv til the next day and she would be cleaning her room. We do not tolerate that sort of behavior at all here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
X_marks_the_.
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I agree with the above. He has to understand that there will be consequences for behaving like that. The consequences have to be unpleasant enough to get through to him. If you don't agree with spanking you can always work around that by doing what the other ladies have suggested. Just make sure that the punishment is extreme enough to make him understand. If not it won't make an adequate impression and he will end up doing this again or maybe worse next time.
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

If it was on purpose, I would have sent him to the corner for six minutes, gave him a firm talking to, he would lose a privaledge for the day, and he would have extra chores for the day. We don't tolerate things like that at all in our house.

Lindsey1126
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I would have spanked him too..3 min of time out would not be enough time for my son to sit in time out as wild as He is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
first.time.momy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I agree with this!

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

I would have spanked him too. My dd is three and if she ever purposely kicked me in the face she would get spanked and be grounded. No tv til the next day and she would be cleaning her room. We do not tolerate that sort of behavior at all here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a time and place for spanking and this is certainly one of them.  I would have done the same thing you did. The depth of the consequences have to match the depth of the unacceptable behavior in order for the complete understanding of what was done, is wrong. Period.  And as long as you discipline in this way, then you need not feel ashamed of the methods of your discipline.   

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM
That is a spanking and loss of a toy for the rest of the day in my book.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yes. I had him laying on the floor so I could clean him up. He pooped his pants. He wanted to keep playing and didnt want to lay down. So he kicked me straight in the mouth.

Quoting crwspringer:

Was it on purpose?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)