Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

3 year old behavior issue?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello all of you beautiful mamas! So I'm new here, and I joined because I was hoping some of you may have had a similar situation and can give some insight, I'm desperate! Sorry for the novel...

I have a 3 year old handsome little boy who is everything to me! This past April, my son came home to tell me that his teacher kicked him and choked him. After asking the daycare and they covered up, or tried to, what happened, I started him in play therapy because he was terrified to go to the police station to file a report and when he would see cops, he'd tell me he was afraid that the cops would make him die... The therapist said she couldn't link what happened to how he was feeling and what he was saying. She said she needed more time, but it was too expensive! So after immediately pulling him out of that daycare, I enrolled him into a different one in August. He says he likes it there, and often tells me that this is his good school. By the way, no one could do anything about this woman putting her hands on my child because there is no physical evidence, even though other teachers saw this lady yank children by their wrists, hair, and scream at them to shut up!

So okay, here is the current problem- Shortly after he started at his new daycare, he took a shoelace from the lace up cards and wrapped it around a child's neck.. Over time he's pushed two children down a flight of steps, kicked a child in the face, scratched pretty bad, and now just the other day, he punched a little girl in the nose to the point of bloodying her nose! I am so devastated!!! My child at daycare, and my child at home, are two different kids. My son is soooo lovable, smart, sweet... He's the best! I've made up behavior charts for daycare so I get a daily report of whether he kept his hands to himself, followed directions, and used manners. I feel like my son is a bully! I've had him evaluated for a behavioral disability and he doesn't qualify as a child that needs help. I don't know what else to do! It's to the point where I fear for the other children's safety as well while I'm at work. I have to work! I'm strict with my son and I'm always consistent with his behavior, so many people commend me the way I handle him! Parents at the daycare have even asked to have a meeting with me about my son hurting their children. It's to the point where I'm so embarrassed to go to back to school nights because his behavior reflects me as his mother! I have a call into his pediatrician now to see if they can guide me in the right direction but I do not want him medicated either! Any advice?! 

Thank you so much for reading and responding! XOXO

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DakotaHaley
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I don't know... I would talk to his doctor and go from there. I know you might not want him medicated, but maybe it is something medical that needs attention.

If not I would look into counseling again and go from there and what they recommend. I would also try talking to your son and see what he thinks and what is going through his head.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's expensive, but it sounds to me like he needs to continue back into play therapy and get some help for the anger he feels as well teaching him how to behave in a way that isn't going to hurt him or anyone else.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs therapy. You do too with a focus on how to help his behavior become safe for himself and others.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the other moms, and think he needs to be in therapy. Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM

His behavior isn't as it should be. Talk with his doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN